Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Missing/Found/Stolen

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
tootsieroll61
Hatched

Exclamation Stolen Tortoise

2 weeks ago today I recieved a call that we all dread , my sister was rushed to hospital and was dangerously ill,it was requested that I get there as soon as possible (she lived in London) I live in West Yorks I rushed to get there but sadly I didnt make it in time ,she died before I got there . When I returned home we had more bad news someone had broken into our garden and stole our beloved tortoise I was so upset and angry I posted on preloved I had a few messages one telling me to post on here and offering there condolances and a few others offering theirs too, but I also recieved a message and a call from a lovely lady offering me one of her yearlings so my faith is restored somewhat in human nature , and I now have a new tort to look forward too but that wont stop me missing my big fella. So if any one local to me in Dewsbury is offered a tortoise please think of me and let me know it could be my beloved pet

Last edited by Bindi; 11-07-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

I am so sorry to hear of your terrible time, you must be feeling totally devastated, my thoughts are with you and your family.

With regards your stolen tortoise, do you know what species it is and whether it is male or female?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
tootsieroll61
Hatched

Hi , Horsefield ,female aged 11 missing her so much) we called her Willy due to the fact we thought her male lol for several years i pray for her return
Old 11-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Mrs Frog
Adult

Hello,I am so sorry and I really hope that someone reads this and you get your tortoise back,how lovely for someone to offer you a baby
It was me that messaged you on preloved,everyone is great on here
So sorry
Old 11-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
Watermelon
Adult

That is awful!!!

So sorry to hear.... however it was very nice of someone to offer you a baby tortoise.

P.S I dont live too far away from you, I'll keep a look out. What species and how large are they?

Last edited by Watermelon; 11-07-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
Zen
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I'm so sorry for both of your losses, fingers crossed she is found safe and able to return home to you.

Rachael & Zen (THB)
'Show gratitude to every living thing'
Old 11-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
tootsieroll61
Hatched

Female , horsefield , though we always refer to her as him
Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
Minty913
Hatched

I’m really sorry for all your bad news, but I am glad something good has come from it make sure you keep us up to date.

I still cannot get over the amount of tortoise that get stolen are people still under the miss conception they are worth allot more than they actually are.

Minty
Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll61 View Post
2 weeks ago today I recieved a call that we all dread , my sister was rushed to hospital and was dangerously ill,it was requested that I get there as soon as possible (she lived in London) I live in West Yorks I rushed to get there but sadly I didnt make it in time ,she died before I got there . When I returned home we had more bad news someone had broken into our garden and stole our beloved tortoise I was so upset and angry I posted on preloved I had a few messages one telling me to post on here and offering there condolances and a few others offering theirs too, but I also recieved a message and a call from a lovely lady offering me one of her yearlings so my faith is restored somewhat in human nature , and I now have a new tort to look forward too but that wont stop me missing my big fella. So if any one local to me in Dewsbury is offered a tortoise please think of me and let me know it could be my beloved pet
i know i was one of the ones that sent you a message
Old 11-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #10
pixie-egg
Sub Adult

I'm truely sorry for all your bad news. I'm quite close to you too so will keep my eyes and ears open. Very nice of someone to offer you one of their littlies. Fingers crossed Willy is ok x