Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Shelled Warriors Shop

Old 14-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
elledee45
Egg

Default HELP please

Hi the terra glow bulb I bought from this shop less than a month old has just stopped working. I understand these can be a bit unreliable and are subject to a guarantee. I have emailed the hotmail address to ask what I need to do but got no response. I am really worried as I have a 9 month old tortoise and do not want her to be without the best conditions and I really can't afford to just buy another light. She is outside now because I figure that is better than in under the 100w normal bulb I have put in temporarily. Any advise on best thing to do temnporarily would be most welcome and what do I need to do to get the duff bulb replaced.
Thank you
elledee45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

As long as you can put her outside for a hour or so a day you should be fine. She is getting the uv from the sun. The normal bulb you are using at the moment, is it a spot? Torts can go a while without uv so try not to worry to much.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
linda
Adult

hi

did you buy the bulb from sw shop

if so you can contact sarah

she was away on a holiday last month

so that is why you havent heard from her

shelledwarriorsshop@hotmail.co.uk
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Regarding the bulb, sometimes they can be barely touching the connector in the bulb holder. Not sure what type you have but if it's the type that has a copper connector like you'd see in a torch that a battery would touch against, try prising the piece of copper up a bit so that it gets a better touch on it. I have found that it is worth doing this before using a new bulb holder or bulb.

I had a bulb that was blown and then I thought another had gone the next day but the second one was just not getting a good contact even though it had been going fine previously so it may even be that caused the first one to blow
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Hello, i run the shelled warriors shop. Sorry didnt recieve your email. Please resend it to shelledwarriorsshop@hotmail.co.uk and i will give you the returns address where it will be replaced. Very sorry

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
elledee45
Egg

Hi many thanks for the replies - what a great forum! I feel MUCH better now. She is out for about 5 hours a day unless its really cold. the light I have put is is just a normal bulb, its all I had to hand. Will buy a spot temporarily I think. The bulb I have is a screw thread so I don't think there are any contacts I can fiddle with. It rattles a bit so I suspect it has just blown.
Thanks Sarah, that is the email I was using - I have resent so fingers crossed it will get to you now.
elledee45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Mine are also screw thread, I think they all are in fact but it's the fact that when screwed right in they sometimes still can't touch the connector because of the ceramic bit preventing them screwing in any further. Sounds like yours has blown though if rattling
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote