Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 22-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #411
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
They were for high blood pressure and inflammation of the prostate and cant remember what else but certainly not antibiotics
Oh, not birth control pills then!
Old 22-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #412
Gordon
Adult

So today we pitched up at the hospital at a different department and it was packed so thought we would be there for a while so sat down for the long wait.
Within two minutes the nurse came in who we have got to know well and she said I was booked in for surgery and would come back in a minute so literally in the blink of an eye we were called through to the examination room and there was another nurse in there who we also know very well and somehow she was aware of the tablets mix up.
Anyway next one in was the consultant who again was one I knew so all was good even though I'm thinking I'm of to surgery.
The Dr wasn't aware as to my wound bursting so I showed her a video of it and she couldn't understand why none of the scans had picked it up especially when I told her the amount that came out in the morning and the same before bed time!!
So she peeled a very my very mucky stinky dressing and proceeded to insert a swab stick in then her finger and asked if I was ok to which I said no but just do what you need to do quickly so after a lot of prodding and poking she had found where everything was coming from she said I wouldn't need surgery.
So after the nurses had cleaned everything and stuffed me full of some ribbon stuff we were good to go.
So the plan is to be stuffed three times a week for the foreseeable so hopefully now they can treat the cause and I can move on.
Also now all that stuff is out of me I'm starting to feel better in myself which is good as there is nothing worse than feeling like that all the time.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2019, 11:16 PM   #413
tortydat
Sub Adult

Great news onwards and upwards from now on.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #414
emma_mcraf
Adult

That’s great news, Gordon!
Now they’re packing the wound, hopefully it’ll start to absorb anything else lingering and finally you will have a wound that can heal.
The main thing is that you feel better in yourself and it’s great news that you didn’t need surgery.
Enjoy the weekend!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 01:44 AM   #415
Yvonne G
Hatched

Wow! I hope they got it cleaned out real good and it's all good from now on.
Old 23-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #416
sandy
Adult

It seems a pity a mix up with drugs makes all more concerned:0(
But fingers crossed they have come up with something that does make sense and can help you move on:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #417
Gordon
Adult

I totally agree with you Sandy but the way things were going I was pulling my hair out as nobody was listening to me and I can understand if nothing is showing up on all the different scans and other tests they were doing but I knew different so this happening was for me a good thing.
Old 23-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #418
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I totally agree with you Sandy but the way things were going I was pulling my hair out as nobody was listening to me and I can understand if nothing is showing up on all the different scans and other tests they were doing but I knew different so this happening was for me a good thing.
It makes you mad when things dont show up on scans but there is obviously something wrong. To much dependance on electronics etc, rather than common sense and exploring futher.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #419
Suze65
Adult

I’m so glad things seem to be going in the right direction, it does sound like the meds mix up has got them on their toes, sounds like they were giving you VIP treatment , I can’t think why!

Stuffing you three times a week sounds like a good idea as Emma said it should absorb all the goop. And glad your feeling better too, hopefully that’s a sign that any infection is no longer zinging round your system.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #420
Gordon
Adult

Not sure all this stuffing is such a good thing as I refuse to do it myself and I've just had to change the top part of the dressing as it smells so bad and have had to leave all the really stinky stuff in.
I cant even begin to describe how bad it smells so I hope when I go and see my nurse tomorrow she has a cold or no sense of smell.