Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 01-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
cherylahutch
Adult

Default My Redfoots

Hi
I put my redfoots into a shared house it is 5 foot by 3 foot and they also have an upper level. so plenty of room. They all seem to be getting on fine they 2 youngest have lived together all the time and are 2 and my female is bigger and is 4. They keep trying to bite each other but not in a vicious sort of way just nibbling a bit on the others shell and heads, Tobi the oldest and one of the babies have been together all the time and follow each other round but the other is staying out the way. Is this normal? My Horsfields are together and they are fine no biting or anything. They have been sexed on here as female for the older one and 2 males for the youngest.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
cherylahutch
Adult

Any ideas anyone?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
cherylahutch
Adult

Really could do with some help on this one at the moment my oldest who is female is sitting quite happily with the younger one nibbling the bottom of her shell at the back. Could he be trying to mate with her? Is he big enough to be doing that he is about 8 1/2 cm.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
EJ
Adult

First... it's probably hungry. Second... if it is not doing any harm... don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylahutch View Post
Really could do with some help on this one at the moment my oldest who is female is sitting quite happily with the younger one nibbling the bottom of her shell at the back. Could he be trying to mate with her? Is he big enough to be doing that he is about 8 1/2 cm.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
cherylahutch
Adult

Thanks Ed was hoping you would pop up and give some advice I know your redfoots are beautiful, They are not doing any harm to each other as you say. There is plenty to eat for them maybe just could not be bothered to walk over to it lol I assume that if they were being hostile they would avoid each other not cuddle up together?

Tags
biting, redfoots