Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 16-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #21
Helen M
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Helen M
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
I meant to say, I think the calories that it gives for the 30g includes semi skimmed milk. I hate milk but can just about manage the tinned stuff, the light evaporated stuff not the full on stuff. I used to love nestles condensed milk though, it was like liquid milky bars
Have you tried soya milk? I have it on my cereals and in my coffee. It's nice and supposed to be easier to digest then cows milk.

Helen x
Helen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #22
yuna1971
Adult

You could try those Oatso simple sachets...use with water - come in different flavours. Not bad I think all round...
I used to like the Syrup ones, didnt make my hair grow though............

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I've had soya milk before but the tinned milk is ok, one tin does 3 days
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #24
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Everybody worries about diets Yes all food has a different caloric content per gram. You can even break it down further with carbohydrates being about 4 calories per gram, protein 4 calories per gram and fat 9 calories per gram. All that means squat though if your trying to lose weight. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in in a day. So if you eat 2,000 calories and burn 2,400 calories in a day you will lose weight. If you do the opposite, you will gain weight. It's very simple really. What gets complicated is throwing into the mix eating healthly. Though the burning more calories than you take in still applys if your trying to lose weight no matter how your eating.
Another neat thing is that if you just eat less, but don't do any more excercise, your body will lower it's metabolism so it can store calories as fat. Our bodies are designed to store calories, as fat, for lean times (most of those in the very distant past). It's just how we are made.
So even if you don't like to you've got to move to lose weight

Danny
Old 16-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #25
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
I woman I know who went to a slimming thing this year told me that they were told to drink lots of water so there must be something to it. water isn't all the tasty though
I had to go out earlier so didn't have time to explain the theory.

Apparently if you drink lots of water with your meal it goes in as separate components. If you liquidise your meal with a glass of water they are one component. The stomach then has to work to separate the food from the water and send it on it's respective way. If the water and food are taken in separate the stomach has less trouble separating the components so food is digested quicker.
The only downside is liquidised food is yuck, so eat soups. With a slice of warburtons Danish, which is low fat, there is no fat in the tomato and basil ready made soups from either sainsburys or Waitrose, there are other varieties that I can't recall. They make a lovely lunch which means you can stop the bad habit of skipping meals without taking on calories.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #26
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptiandan64 View Post
Everybody worries about diets Yes all food has a different caloric content per gram. You can even break it down further with carbohydrates being about 4 calories per gram, protein 4 calories per gram and fat 9 calories per gram. All that means squat though if your trying to lose weight. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in in a day. So if you eat 2,000 calories and burn 2,400 calories in a day you will lose weight. If you do the opposite, you will gain weight. It's very simple really. What gets complicated is throwing into the mix eating healthly. Though the burning more calories than you take in still applys if your trying to lose weight no matter how your eating.
Another neat thing is that if you just eat less, but don't do any more excercise, your body will lower it's metabolism so it can store calories as fat. Our bodies are designed to store calories, as fat, for lean times (most of those in the very distant past). It's just how we are made.
So even if you don't like to you've got to move to lose weight

Danny
That becomes a problem if you are disabled and can't move about much.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 16-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I don't mind a cup a soup

I'm not really bothered about eating healthy, I don't want my body to live longer than my brain. I'll settle for my waist being higher up, that would do me
Old 16-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #28
Colette
Egg

i am not really fussed about what i eat - i maintain an average weight - but i suppose would be healthier if i was a bit slimmer and maybe live a bit longer (tortoises will have to become part of one of the kids' inheritance!! )

going back to cereal - i prefer just right, frosted shreddies or cinnamon grahams - granola is also ok - but i dont bother to check the calories!!!
Colette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #29
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I have lost 8 pounds by just not eating crisps and eating cereal in the morning instead of nowt. not sure how long that is, 5 weeks maybe. it will eventually get to a point where I won't lose any more though without doing something else like marathon running
Old 04-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #30
pagan queen
Adult

That's not bad Alan. You are right though, you have to change something else to continue the weight loss. I have tried telling my husband that but he wont listen. He cut out crisps and chocolate and lost a good few pounds but then stopped. I told him he needs to exercise as well and he insists he walks a lot with work. I pointed out that he has always walked a lot so now he needs to jog instead to change the quality of fat burning exercise. He doesn't want t,o or can't get it, so he gave up and started putting the weight back on.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband