Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 18-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
chris_walton
Sub Adult

Default Welsh Mountain Zoo (pic heavy)

well heres our day in pics and words

the day started off really early with darren having to go into work for six as there was noone to cover him which gave him time to get most things done and fed he finally got home at elevenish and we set off it only took around 45 mins to get to rhyl from chester and we stopped off at the living rainforest on the way which is a pet shop we had a good browse around and john asked for some live food which they didnt have but they did tell him they would have some in later on in the week which is no good as we live ages away from them any way after we had a good look around we set off back on our journey which on took around 25 mins from the pet shop to get too and we were heading up steap hills right into the welsh mountains and there was abundace of weeds on the way that we kept spotting really big sow thistle's and huge mallows the size of dinner plates but couldnt stop becuase we were on steap roads
we finally reached to zoo and unloaded all our goodies and set off on a journey of discovery and heres the pics to show how the day pans out with it starting off really good to the little accident that happened right at the end of the day

so here we go darren at 5:40 am

then me and kazzie playing with penguins

darren couldn't help himself but pic weeds for torts while we where there

not sure who this gorgeous beast is

darren on a fag break

then we went to see my favorite animals the porcupines and i chucked them some bread so i could take a few piccies we do this everytime we go and they always leave me a little prezzie of a quill or two

some gefforys marmosets in the old chimp exhibit from millions of years ago and it really is a nic little setup for these rare monkeys

this is a new exhibit for them its a african avairy full of weavers and doves and polvers

this is a pair of spider monkeys which were weirdly named sarah and andy they were so cute

heres the gibbons they were amazing they were called barry and richard and the sign said they were brothers

the new alligator house

the beast its self

kazzie having a break

rabbit to go on the childrens farm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww just look at these i wanted to steal some but wasnt allowed lol

some goats on the farm

darren was making turkey noises to this turkey who was called dinner by the keepers and it was displaying back to darren

from the childrens farm we headed towards the reptile house and outside there was some torts

just thought the door into the reptile house there was a pond with some sliders and a snapper in and the snapper was massive but couldn't get a proper pic of it

in the first enclosure there was some leopard torts and some beardies

then there was some boxies

and a bum headed day gecko

after the reptile house we went exploring the hills and we found some petes horses that were kept with fallow deer which i fed with some grass

think this is blitzens daughter

then i met a goat who had he biggest horns ive ever seen so i fed him too

as you can see theres millons of walking to do through woods and sides of hills

then we went back to see if we could find kazzie
oh look there she is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i met an old friend from a peter pan story

we sat on top of a hill for a while and watched the birds of prey talk

when they had finished doing that they did a pengiun parade which was amazing
here they come

then they fed them along the crowd

and off they go again

after the penguins they did a free flying macaw show which was brilliant they flew off over the hills and flew over the crowd

we went from here for a hot drink in the cafe and sat on the balcony overlooking the tigers enclosure

and this was the view from the cafe so you can see how high up in the mountains we were

from here we were headin off to the gift shop and car getting ready to start our journey home

so when we went in to the gift shop we noticed some one famous of the tv it was nadia off big brother do you remember well look here she is obviously she wasnt a succesfull star so now works in there gift shop

i bought kazzie a presant for taking us to the zoo and i dont think she liked it very much as from here onwards things started

going bad and this is when the accident happened i got out of the car to go and get some thing out of the boot (oh i should already say i fell though the green house this morning trying to get all the animals sorted quickly so we could go lol) anyway went to get something out of the boot when the engine started and before i knew it i was on my back kazzie had only stuck it into reverse and ran me over look

so i wasnt to badly hurt my head hurts a bit but i will be ok im sure just minor concusion but that will stop hurting with time im sure lol

anyway that was our day and now im bloody knackered so im off to bed soon

chris_walton is offline   Reply With Quote