Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Ask The Experts > Identification/Sexing.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #21
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

Are the tortoises with you or your mum Surely it would be your mum incubating any eggs. I seem to be getting very mixed messages here. I'm a little confused and sadly can't even blame my age

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #22
kim davies
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kim davies

i havent. id put them in an incubator and they would either cook or get to cold!ill leave that to the experts!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #23
shelley
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim davies
hattie!if you saw their faces you would know what i mean.realy funny.like an old married couple.follow each other everywhere!
They sound like me and Martin.... He looks like a tort as well!

Mum to three Newfoundlands, two Cocker Spaniels, one German Shepherd, 9 Chinchillas, and 4 Hermann's and 2 Leopards... Tortoises that is!

http://pic2.piczo.com/GalaxybearsNewfoundlands
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #24
Tamie Milne
Hatched

Quote:
i havent. id put them in an incubator and they would either cook or get to cold!ill leave that to the experts!
Kim, please listen to the advise!!! Destroy the eggs, do not put them in an incubator, you are going to add to the problem by producing more leopards for reasons that have been explained.

Now if these tortoises are your mums why are you talking about incubating eggs??

IMO this is all getting really messy - I cannot believe after all has been said/done you are still NOT listening!

Tamie
Tamie Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #25
Tamie Milne
Hatched

Quote:
i havent got a clue how hatch the eggs anyway just want grandad have some harmless fun!dont all men!
Just another thought; have you considered that they could actually be from the same clutch and therefore 'brother & sister' ???

Even if the pet shop said otherwise you have no guarantees as we all know the pet shop wanted the money and most talk cr*p !!

Tamie
Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry-flash
These tortoises really aren't suited to the climate in this country. I know I will get shot for saying it yet again, but someone has too.
Pete I feel as though I need to say something here although we know we will always agree to disagree....

You say Leopards are not suited to the climate in this country..... have 3 Leopards who are doing just fine as do many other people on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamie Milne
Kim, please listen to the advise!!! Destroy the eggs, do not put them in an incubator, you are going to add to the problem by producing more leopards for reasons that have been explained.
Kim, Whilst i do think its a good idea that you personally incubate any eggs for a long long time I strongly disagree that people who hatch Leopard eggs 'add to the problem'

Red foots grow to be very large tortoises - I dont see anyone telling people not to incubate and hatch Red Foots???
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #27
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

Deb i agree but did you mean to say DONT incubate?

Nicky xxx
Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #28
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

I agree that yes they can be kept in this country and they can be kept well, but to keep adults suitably is not cheap and not for the average household. After speaking to a number of people who keep adult leopards they all agree that these tortoises are not ideally suited to our climate. I know we will never agree on this matter and this is a very controversial subject.

And before I go let me just say I have nothing against leopards as people have suggested in the past. They are beautiful tortoises and I have great respect for the people who fork out the huge electric bills that they can drum up over the winter months.

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #29
Tamie Milne
Hatched

Oh what the hell! You go Kim, start breeding from possible clutch mates - they will all get on superbly with your sulcata and your partner will be delighted! No doubt with Glitter's support all will be just perfect for these tortoises!

Tamie
Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #30
katie
Incubating

ive had been on this forum this morning and theres a lot of nasty comments and bitchness going on its really sad

im new to this tortoise world and its looking like its not nice at all

i dont know what the dell with kim is but its all abit horrible,dont you think
katie is offline   Reply With Quote