Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 18-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
johnsy
Egg

Default Digital thermometer(ebay)

just bought one of these off ebay was only £2, i read some where on here that the dial jobbies are'nt very accurate,

i consider my tort to be happy with his conditions as he loves to bask, and has a good appetite and loves a stomp about poo's and pee's ,as soon as where in from work he approaches the the cool end of the table and craves attention(probably more food,likes his shell being scrached(wiggle wiggle) i get him out when i get in and he'll run up and down the kitchen/livingroom and hall way like the enigiser bunny,pratically all night he'll chase anything that moves (usually feet)

now back to this digi therm, i used these before in my car tuning days to monitor inlet temp's,i believe there original purpose is to monitor pc stack temps, any ways iv had it directly under wor T's basking lamp on top of thee substrate it fluxuated from 34.9c to 37.1c and held temp at 37.1c
then i moved it to the cool end which seemed to stabalise at 23.6c(approx 900mm from bask area)
the room temp on my thermostat say's 21.5cc
his lights have been off fro 10mins and the thermom is in the middle of the table reading 22.8c.

also there a 9"x15" pool 2" deep deep that is 21.5between the hot and cold end which is the same temp as my central heating stat

im not really asking any questions here just making an observation,feel free to compare table temps, i consider my table to be quite large(1600 x 700mm) considering the iv got a 2 bed flat,

just my 2pc
johnsy is offline   Reply With Quote