Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 25-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
sulcata2big
Hatchling

Default recycling

hi i was just wondering what some of you do for recycling. i recycle my food waste, tin, paper, glass, plastic and cardboard is there anything else you can do to help the environment. was thinking of getting some solar panels and a wind terbine for my house but the solar panels are £6000 each and the terbines were about £2000
sulcata2big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
rachel30b
Sub Adult

i recycle everything i can, like you mention but i still have about four black bin bags over a fortnight, end up going to the tip about once a month

5 hermans, bob, frank, simpson, marmalade and johnson
rachel30b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

were big on not wasting things in our house....we lick the plates clean and steal nextdoors internet and electricity

seriously tho we have many compost bins, and we have a reclying centre on the allotment for all the paper,tin,wood and such. all metals are stolen to raise money for the wildlife garden upkeep.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
kimmerz
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kimmerz Send a message via Yahoo to kimmerz

I was watching something after trisha today, just kinda background noise after trisha finished though, basically it was someone doing up some tower thing in there garden or something (as said wasn't paying much attention) and he put solor panels on his tower thing and because he didn't get planning permission he was told to take them down seemed strange as I guess it's the same people who make you recycle as it is to give out planning permission so surely it's a contradiction to make someone take em down, not being funny but he couldn't have been putting them up to save money on his electric bill since if there 6 grand it would take donkeys years for them to pay them selves off, so it must have been to be green.

7 hermanns-Paris, Turbo, Pumba, Dave, Izzy, Miami and Zippy.
2 reds- Tommy and Elliot
kimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
Toni115
Adult

we have to recycle,we get recycling bags and a wheelie bin. we have a fortnightly collection for paper/card/plastic and glass and a fortnightly collection on alternating weeks for normal rubbish, if you dont recycle the wheelie bin gets too full up

we also have seperate recycling bags for garden waste which they collect when they pick up the paper etc...