Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 15-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Rowan
Sub Adult

Default Writing Lines - made me giggle

Last weekend the chidren were given lines to write by my OH.

They had taken crisps from the cupbourd without asking. Well one of our house rules is you don't take food with out asking so the punnishment was given of writting lines.

I was busy cooking a roast and realised I hadn't seen the youngest (6 years old) for a while and went to investigate.

I found her underneath her cabin bed crying. I joined her under there and asked what was wrong.

It was the lines, that was causing her cry! I exlained that if you do something wrong there are consequenceis, she agreed she knew this but that wasn't the the problem At which point she suddenly blurted out "but I don't even understand what I'm writting!". I'm a little confused thinking my OH had siad something along the lines "I will not take food withut asking".

I looked at the lines --- " Pilfering potatoe based snacks is unexcepatable in a civilised society"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at which point I laughed out loud and told her she'd written enough lol.

My OH is very bad
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
alley cat
Adult

Love it!! ha ha

I think your OH deserves lines for that
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Gordon
Adult

Thats funny might try that with my two. i had my youngest in tears yesterday she was diong her spelling,s and tried to do it in joined up wtiting and it looked realy bad so i told her to do it again whithout joining it and it was much better when i asked why she did it joined she said (inbetween big sobs) that the teachers told her to write like that will be having words with them tomorrow morn as to why 7 year olds are being taught to run before they can walk
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I once got 400 lines at school and my mates dared me to put in some swearies and unsavoury comments about the teacher. I agreed but they had to cross my palm with silver . I put it on page three and he never bothered to look at it
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Rowan
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip View Post
Thats funny might try that with my two. i had my youngest in tears yesterday she was diong her spelling,s and tried to do it in joined up wtiting and it looked realy bad so i told her to do it again whithout joining it and it was much better when i asked why she did it joined she said (inbetween big sobs) that the teachers told her to write like that will be having words with them tomorrow morn as to why 7 year olds are being taught to run before they can walk
I know exactly what you mean the eldest, 8, has to do this. The other thing is they don't correct the spelling either which baffles me...... Don't get me started on how they're taught how to add up now. If it'd 13 +14 they have to round both figures to the nearest ten and then take away the differnce????

Row xxx
Old 15-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
Rowan
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post

I once got 400 lines at school and my mates dared me to put in some swearies and unsavoury comments about the teacher. I agreed but they had to cross my palm with silver . I put it on page three and he never bothered to look at it
I'm now checking what they both wrote Al
Old 15-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Gordon
Adult

Glad it,s not just our school
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

I love their lines!! Bless 'em - your OH must have been laughing inside.
I've been known to give my kids lines too. I don't think they're used as punishment in school nowadays but I can remember the whole class frequently getting them at my strict primary school.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

we used to wind up that teacher too to make him give us the belt because it was a kind of bragging thing who had got the belt the most. One time he said think yourself lucky I'm not belting you, I'm letting you off with just a four page essay on the Russian Revolution it was a Doctor Pepper moment
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote