Adult

Default Lockdown pics

https://imgur.com/a/T6FQIQo
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 11:34 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

They enjoyed that vetch, Lynn!
I am loving seeing your different enclosures for different species.
I’m presuming you have a large garden, your enclosures use all garden space or both?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2020, 01:15 AM   #3
burnt toast
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
They enjoyed that vetch, Lynn!
I am loving seeing your different enclosures for different species.
I’m presuming you have a large garden, your enclosures use all garden space or both?
I have got a large garden Emma. Nothing on the bottom lawn though. That's hubby's! (even though he never goes near the garden)

My friend calls it his Brazilian!
Old 19-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #4
tortydat
Sub Adult

Lovely margies and great space for them.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #5
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
I have got a large garden Emma. Nothing on the bottom lawn though. That's hubby's! (even though he never goes near the garden)

My friend calls it his Brazilian!

I’m really lucky we have a big house and I’ve got a tortoise room, which I never thought I’d have, but I’d love more garden space to have more enclosures. We have two gardens areas - one all decked with a dining area, a hammock and arbour and so on, so not somewhere I’d put the torts as I wouldn’t be able to see them from the windows as it’s a little sun trap with complete privacy and then a nice wide side garden where the chicken coop is, but the tortoise space is limited really and I can’t increase it without ripping out the other side of the lawn with really lovely well-established shrubs and so on. We did that on one side when he moved. It felt a bit like sacrilege as there were a few gorgeous acers that needed to come out but I was pretty ruthless and they have such nice enclosures but I envy big gardens with lots of torty areas, greenhouses and so on. So I really enjoy seeing photos of people’s enclosures.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 19-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #6
burnt toast
Adult

I would love to see your enclosures Emma (& your torts) there's a distinct lack of pictures on here lately. I miss Clares photo skills!
Old 19-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #7
emma_mcraf
Adult

I’ll have to take some and get uploading them, Lynn. Have to admit to being a bit lazy when it comes to photos now.
The new triple table in my study is replacing two single tables. Hubby has spent today changing the legs on the single ones so they simply bolt on and they’ve now been stored back up in the garage rafters. He asked if I still wanted them. What a question!!
They’re great for quarantine tables and I’d never get rid of them, so there’s three in the rafters.
However I didn’t ask him to do new legs that simply bolt on (the original tables were a fancy bit of carpentry he did back in the early days when I’m sure he never thought in a million years we’d have torts in double figures ) and so I can only assume he wants me to have more torts as he’s made the adjustments himself so they are easy to set up.

Old 20-04-2020, 12:46 AM   #8
burnt toast
Adult

Emma your as naughty as me! I have a double & a tripke bunk indoors. I find plastic cages quite handy. I have a four & six foot (& several others!) that tops fold flat & bases can be stashed one inside another. You can easily add a plu or osb collar to extend the height if needed. Handy if needed over winter or you get a sudden foster in need.
Old 20-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #9
emma_mcraf
Adult

The plastic ones are great aren’t they. I don’t have any for the torts but my daughter has guinea pigs and she uses them.
In the tort room (originally a small dressing room) I have two triples and a double and now in the study another triple. They are very much ‘my’ rooms and so hubby just accepts my ideas and makes me whatever I request. I literally give him sizes and he cracks on with it. He loves carpentry and now has our autistic son helping him, so it’s a win-win for everyone.
My last rehomer came out of quarantine a week ago though she still has a table to herself as she wasn’t behaved when I introduced her to other females and started biting them! I’ve never had that before. All my females have met and shared without much dominating behaviour. I’m going to watch her carefully outside and see if she bonds with any torts in particular and then she can potentially get to share an indoor table with them, freeing up another table.
I worry there will be a huge influx of rehomers due to people not being able or not having the inclination to look after them during the current situation and so I’ve told hubby if one comes up near by, I’d love to take another to give a forever home. I don’t have the space to have different species but I love my hermanns.