Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 18-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
jeff
Sub Adult

Default Doncaster show

Hi
Did any one here go to the show,And what was it like.Was there any tortoises there.
Old 19-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
kreacher
Sub Adult

I didn't go this time but I have been in the past...It's an awesome show and there were lots of tortoises and turtles in all shapes and sizes when we went
we bought our fist ever gecko there
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Watermelon
Adult

Hiya I went....

We got there at about 11:30am, it was absolutely chockablock.... seriously couldn't move in some aisles!

It was great though! There were Yellow foots, Red foots, Leopards, Spur Thighs, Hermans B, Hermanns Herzisomething, Horsfields, Pancakes, 2 Aldabras, Turtles and Terripins.

The breeder wouldn't let me hold a baby Aldabra He was selling them for £1245 I think. I did hold a bearded dragon though, think I'm going to buy one next year! They were selling Horsfields, Hermanns and Red foots pretty cheap! Cheapest I saw was £50 for a Hermanns I think.

Most expensive reptile I saw was an Albino Jag snake, which was going for £5600 or £5800.

Got talking to a guy who just brought his Diamond Jungle Jags I think they were called, he told me the diamond jag story and how they became! He had 75%, 88% and 100% Diamond Jags and they were really bright green

I thought some people were really interesting to talk to, they hadn't just come sell. Some people as soon as they realised I wasn't buying weren't interested in chatting!

I liked the African Clawed frogs... they were cute, liked the beardies, the mini salamanders and the pink geckos and the pink snakes which were black eyed lucy or blue eyed lucy something like that. They had rodents upstairs so I had a cuddle with some baby hammies.

There was some very interesting looking people there too, I saw people with lizard tattoos!

Definitely gunna go back next year as I want a red or citrus beardie and thought it was very cheap there!
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
kreacher
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
There was some very interesting looking people there too, I saw people with lizard tattoos!

Definitely gunna go back next year as I want a red or citrus beardie and thought it was very cheap there!
Hehe I have a lizard tattoo on my foot, there are some really amazinf reptile tattos out there...I have a turtle on my wrist too!!

Bearded dragons are ace, we have a blood red male
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Torterra
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
Hi
Did any one here go to the show,And what was it like.Was there any tortoises there.
I was there I entered the Dome at 6am. Then I had a nap in the corner. Woke up only to find that queue aready formed and I was 30ish in line. Still not bad.
German Breeder had wonderful Iberas, they did not mind all hassle and were munching on some plaintain leaves.
He had two radiated tortoises, two baby aldabras, his baby horsfields were 55pounds ea, some adult hermanns. He had some leopards, juvenile and hatchlings, also redfoots, really nice baby redfoots!
Two pairs of Clemmys guttata were spot on, but I came to pick three striped muds, so alas! I am surprised if spotteds they did not sell.
I have short video of one stall, unsure if I can show it. I was given warning from organiser so I did not film anything else.

I think some other seller had baby kleinmanni, egyptians!!! Also pancakes. I blame myself I did not talk to breeder, anyone knows this person? If they will be available next year I will probably take some, they are super cute!
My Kinosternon Baurii group:

Off to make a video and update my blog.
0.0.2 Sternotherus Carinatus (Razorback Musk Turtle)
http://kinosternon-baurii.blogspot.co.uk/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
andy1
Hatched

Jeff

I got there at 4 in the afternoon, pretty quiet, i didnt look round , just meet up with Chris .

Left with a stunning female THB with a high yellow colour

Also bought a trio of THhercs

Will post some pics in the next few days.

Uliana
Glad you finally got your muds.

Andy

3 groups of adult indian stars

2 breeding groups . , babies expected from august 2012onwardslewis.67@googlemail.com
andy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
jeff
Sub Adult

Thank you for the feed back all .