Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > Off Topic Classifieds

Old 14-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #11
tartaruga amore
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa View Post
This sort of thing makes me sick, why get a big fighting dog if all you want is a little dog a couple of years later, grown out of it's cuteness and novelty warn of me thinks.

Now wait for the backlash......

its a reasonable assumption that lisa made, and to be honest it is what a lot of people will be thinking and its all well and good rescuing the dog, but you have kept it long enough for it to settle and now its off to a new home, not good for the dog!
yesterday i lost a pet that i had only had 6 months, and i am heart broken, i have not ate or slept since she passed away
some of us get really attached to our pets, while some view them as just animals or money making machines, but please dont have a go at lisa just because she cares, at least she is honest
tartaruga amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
gavster
Incubating

Every thing you just said is true, but we never got attached to her, as i told her previous owner that this was just temporary until he could find her somewhere, i have since lost contact with the previous owner so there for it is up to me to rehome the dog
Old 14-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
Dawn Fletcher
Banned
Sub Adult

The problem also lies with the type of dog this is ....namely A JAPENISE FIGHTING DOG !!
these are well known for being over protective of its family and vicious towards outsiders!!
Not long ago a police force was clled out to one of these and a marks man took the decision to shoot it between the eyes,
Once these dogs flip...they flip big time!!
The fact that this dog has already been through two families already would make tme think that it would be a huge disaster waiting to happen for a "FAMILY" with children to take this in.
It would be better suited to a loan person which fully understands this breed and its needs completly as this is a hugely powerful dog!!!

Dawn
Dawn Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #14
Dawn Fletcher
Banned
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavster View Post
Every thing you just said is true, but we never got attached to her, as i told her previous owner that this was just temporary until he could find her somewhere, i have since lost contact with the previous owner so there for it is up to me to rehome the dog
surely the original owners got it micro chipped though??
so a simple phone call to pet chip would sort out the loss of its owners.
makes me think that "they" saw a mug and took the oportunity!
unfortunatly now you will be stuck with her me thinks!!
JMHO

Dawn
Dawn Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
gavster
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Fletcher View Post
surely the original owners got it micro chipped though??
so a simple phone call to pet chip would sort out the loss of its owners.
makes me think that "they" saw a mug and took the oportunity!
unfortunatly now you will be stuck with her me thinks!!
JMHO

Dawn
yeah she is micro chipped, the problem is that the address on her chip is no longer the address of her previous owner, and i think you may be right i think they did see a mug and took the opportunity lol, but at the end of the day i couldn't just let her get sent to the kennels and get put down
Old 14-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #16
tartaruga amore
Sub Adult

there are loads of small animal rescues centres that are not like the "famous" ones, so you might be better exploring what help they can give you

theres always a breed of dog getting bad press, so dont worry, anyone whom has already owned the breed, will at least know the true nature of the breed, i think someone has already given you a link to their rescue, ask if they can help
tartaruga amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
gavster
Incubating

Thanks for all your help guys, i successfully rehomed her tonight, she is now living with an experianced akita owner, when i left her she was running around happily with a male akita so alls well that ends well
Old 14-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #18
gavster
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky12 View Post
So glad that you have found her a home. Was this something you did via a rescue or did you just find them yourself?

I know alot of rescue are bad but believe me the breed rescues only have the best interests of the dog at heart, they would never put a healthy dog down just because they couldnt find it a home.

Fingers crossed her home is a permanent one and its good that she has another Akita to play with.

I have to say though in Lisa's defense I did think the same as her, especially as you said you wanted a smaller dog. Please see if from ourside, from your original post we didnt know that you had rescued her and she was only staying with you on a temporary basis.
Luckily a friend of mine knew someone with a male akita and when he found out i had a female that needed a new home he jumped at the chance, and because i knew she was going to a good home and he had experience with this breed i didn't take any money from him
Looking back at my first post i guess it did look kind of bad lol, but in my defense you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, sorry lisa
Old 15-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #19
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

That's brilliant Gav, i 'm really pleased for you, It's great you've found her a suitable home
Old 15-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
gavster
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky12 View Post
Something thats come to my mind, is the girl Akita spayed?
Yeah she is, and the guy who had her knew that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi View Post
That's brilliant Gav, i 'm really pleased for you, It's great you've found her a suitable home
Thanks bindi