Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #121
EJ
Adult

If you consider raising questions to unsubstantiated information confusing... sorry. I'm just as confused about the topic as the new keeper. I've been asking and dealing with these questions for over 35+ years and I still do not get bored of the debate because it usually brings about a better understanding which is an on going process for many tortoise keepers.

I've always had trouble with believing information that ends in 'because...I said so... it's been done that way for years... they do it in the wild...' without a logical reason.

I suspect that there are a bunch of readers who feel the same way. I also suspect that we are getting into the next unbroken circle here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet
It would of died out at least 90 post ago if you didn't keep confusing everyone

D
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 18-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #122
piglet
Adult

Well unless someone can repair this broken circle looks that way

D

17 years old 25 years ago
Old 18-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #123
Pussygalore
Adult

Well you stay confused, maybe you should stop looking at so many different so called references and make up your mind what you want to do, me if I want to hibernate I know the two ways I can do it and how to do it, that at least we all agree on either fridge or box, and if I don't want to then I keep them awake and I can find out if I don't know how to do that, if I can't make up my mind whether I do or don't then if all it does is confuse me more I stop looking at the blooming thing that started it all of the references and books.none of us would ever decide on anything if all we did was keep worrying whether its right or wrong or he says this and he says that at some point we have to make a decision and stick to it, if after 35 years you still can't decide then please keep it your problem and not try to make us the same.
Old 18-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #124
EJ
Adult

I can't see where it says I can't decide what I should do.

While it is a confusing issue it gets less so each time a new reference addressing the issue is brought to light. This makes it easier for me to decide what it is I would like to do. It also makes it clearer as to why what I do works.

I will continue to hibernate those that I believe should be hibernated and not hibernate those that have no reason to hibernate and this has nothing to do with the region they come from. I can say that with confidence.

I love it when a person says... well... you shouldn't read so much. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore
Well you stay confused, maybe you should stop looking at so many different so called references and make up your mind what you want to do, me if I want to hibernate I know the two ways I can do it and how to do it, that at least we all agree on either fridge or box, and if I don't want to then I keep them awake and I can find out if I don't know how to do that, if I can't make up my mind whether I do or don't then if all it does is confuse me more I stop looking at the blooming thing that started it all of the references and books.none of us would ever decide on anything if all we did was keep worrying whether its right or wrong or he says this and he says that at some point we have to make a decision and stick to it, if after 35 years you still can't decide then please keep it your problem and not try to make us the same.
and
Old 18-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #125
Pussygalore
Adult

Like I said "you" shouldn't read so much, if I worried about things as much as you obviously do I'd never sleep at night, I prefer to take my information from people with experience and those who at least know which way they are going I don't want to go through life questioning everything I do, its hard enough making up our minds about important things as it is without doubting it when we have done if I lived like that that I would be constantly changing things and would no doubt end up a total nutcase, I leave all that to the likes of you, scientists and whoever, when you have all decided what is best for the rest of us then I'm sure we shall hear about it, untill then I'l just carry on caring for my torts the way I think is best for me and them.
Old 18-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #126
EJ
Adult

It's not a question of worrying... it's a question of wonder. One of the things I like about these conversations is that I discover that there are people who like to be told what to do (some guy named AH told me that years ago) and there are those how hate to be told what to do. Some people like to 'pidgeon hole' things... some handle things on a case by case basis. That's just another aspect of this hobby that I like... the different people an how to properly and effectively communicate a point.

Isn't it nice to be able to do what you want or feel is right? Judging buy the length of this thread outside of the drama it appears that there are a pretty good number of people who are interested in why or why not.

I like to help provide that information which is left out for those who either do not want to look or who do not have the resources to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore
Like I said "you" shouldn't read so much, if I worried about things as much as you obviously do I'd never sleep at night, I prefer to take my information from people with experience and those who at least know which way they are going I don't want to go through life questioning everything I do, its hard enough making up our minds about important things as it is without doubting it when we have done if I lived like that that I would be constantly changing things and would no doubt end up a total nutcase, I leave all that to the likes of you, scientists and whoever, when you have all decided what is best for the rest of us then I'm sure we shall hear about it, untill then I'l just carry on caring for my torts the way I think is best for me and them.
and
Closed Thread