Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #721
Gordon
Adult

Well i turned up and put on my sexy hospital gown and waited. The surgeon and his team turned up and we went through what they were going to do which was the hernia repair through open surgery so a bigish hole to be expected and cut out the old scar that is pulling inwards and stitch it up so I then look like I have one big belly not two. Next the anesthetist came in and we went through all that even though it wasn't the first time. So time to wait till they call you for surgery and take all the appropriate medicines only for the main man of the theatres come in and told they can't do it so go home again. He said it was to do with all the high numbers of covid patients and trying to free up some beds.

So Thursday morning the hospital administration's called asking what was wrong with me because they were told I was sent home due to being ill. So after I told her why I was sent home she has now booked me back in for the 27th so let's see if I get kicked out for a third time.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #722
Yvonne G
Hatched

How awful for you. It's bad to have to be in hospital where Covid is concentrated, but to have to go through the anticipation of surgery only to be told no, then having to do it all over again? I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. But you seem to have a pretty good attitude about it all.

Did we ever get to know what the surprise was that you had coming? I thought I was checking daily to be sure to see, but I guess I missed it.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:45 PM   #723
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
How awful for you. It's bad to have to be in hospital where Covid is concentrated, but to have to go through the anticipation of surgery only to be told no, then having to do it all over again? I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. But you seem to have a pretty good attitude about it all.

Did we ever get to know what the surprise was that you had coming? I thought I was checking daily to be sure to see, but I guess I missed it.
I am probably to easy going thats why it doesn't seem to get me down.
Its a bit different this time as im not full of infection so not an emergency which that alone is odd but I will get there by hook or by crook.

As for my little surprise its stuck in red tape and covid at the moment but hopefully is still going to happen when things calm down a bit.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #724
emma_mcraf
Adult

How annoying to have had it cancelled twice but it is good to read there is no infection. Hope they can reschedule soon for you.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 05:09 PM   #725
tortydat
Sub Adult

Any more news on your future visit to GWH although I think like all hospitals they are pretty busy at the moment?
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #726
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Any more news on your future visit to GWH although I think like all hospitals they are pretty busy at the moment?
Still nothing to say not to go yet but not holding out much hope and not sure if i really want to be there at the moment.
Old 17-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #727
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Still nothing to say not to go yet but not holding out much hope and not sure if i really want to be there at the moment.
I think you are between the devil and the deep blue sea:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 11:06 AM   #728
tortydat
Sub Adult

Yes it must be a really difficult decision to make. My brother-in-law is in the same situation.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 11:18 AM   #729
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Yes it must be a really difficult decision to make. My brother-in-law is in the same situation.
Its a harder decision to make than spending thousands of pounds on tortoises.
Old 21-01-2021, 10:32 AM   #730
Gordon
Adult

Well didn't even get there this time they called me this morning and cancelled which in a way is a great relief as im not sleeping worrying about going.