Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 06-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Essexbrummie
Incubating

Default Age?

Hi at what age do you stop treating a tort like a baby?ie the daily baths and nutrabol?thanks
Essexbrummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
shellonia
Sub Adult

That's really partly up to your own routine.It would never be wrong to bath daily but after 12-18 months you can reduce if you want to.I've noticed that at a certain stage of development they start to go into their water dish on their own, particularly if you are a bit late with their bath!All the while they enjoy and benefit from it I would keep it up,but it wouldn't matter about missing the odd day if you havn't time.Also make sure you spray their substrate as this helps with general humidity.
shellonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Essexbrummie
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellonia View Post
That's really partly up to your own routine.It would never be wrong to bath daily but after 12-18 months you can reduce if you want to.I've noticed that at a certain stage of development they start to go into their water dish on their own, particularly if you are a bit late with their bath!All the while they enjoy and benefit from it I would keep it up,but it wouldn't matter about missing the odd day if you havn't time.Also make sure you spray their substrate as this helps with general humidity.
Thanks for replying I'm home all day so they all get a bath anyway was just wondering

1.0.0 Child
2.2.1 Hermanns
0.0.2 Iberas-Dude & Daisy
Old 13-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
shaz
Sub Adult

When is the best time to spray? Is that for all torts?
shaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
Watermelon
Adult

Mine are 14 months old and I still bathe everyday, I usually water the soil whilst they are in the bath or at night. I give nutrabol every other day as I have noticed they use the cuttlefish bone quite a bit now! They never used to. I can always hear them scraping their beaks against it.
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
Essexbrummie
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
Mine are 14 months old and I still bathe everyday, I usually water the soil whilst they are in the bath or at night. I give nutrabol every other day as I have noticed they use the cuttlefish bone quite a bit now! They never used to. I can always hear them scraping their beaks against it.
I've had to put 4 cuttlefish in their table because they all go for it at the Sam time!

1.0.0 Child
2.2.1 Hermanns
0.0.2 Iberas-Dude & Daisy