Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 06-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Hey G,

Yes the vet is an exotics one 'I graduated from the R (D) SVS in 2003 and after several years in a mixed practice in the UK I moved to Hong Kong where I spent the next 10 years. I have completed a post graduate training position at the Calgary Zoo and the University of Calgary, Canada and I have done work for various zoological and wildlife institutions as well as cofounding an exotic animal hospital in Hong Kong.'

The dark mass is behind his lungs, where his gonads and kidneys are I think he said. I didn't see the x ray. I wasn't thinking clearly, stupid of me

As for MBD, I don't know what to think. I have to trust the expert. I thought, I hoped, I was doing OK, clearly not but I can try harder and do better and my very best.

Thanks for saying he's not suffering. I hope he's not. He's so active, eating like a horse(field), eyes bright, no change at all.

Row x x
There isn't much back behind the testies apart from some colon and the bladder can you get a copy of the xray or get him to explain it a bit better.
It still could be a bladder stone I have just taken on an egyptian female and she passed the biggest stone I have ever seen if I hadn't witnessed it I wouldn't have believed it.
I'm sure you have done but try deep and as warm as you can baths.
Stones can come in all types of density and shape.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #12
Rowan
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
There isn't much back behind the testies apart from some colon and the bladder can you get a copy of the xray or get him to explain it a bit better.
It still could be a bladder stone I have just taken on an egyptian female and she passed the biggest stone I have ever seen if I hadn't witnessed it I wouldn't have believed it.
I'm sure you have done but try deep and as warm as you can baths.
Stones can come in all types of density and shape.
I've got to take Tetley back in 2 weeks if no improvement so will get pictures of the x rays then.

He's been out in the garden today charging around.

Was good to see.

He's now having his second soak of the day.

Thanks as always

Row x x
Old 07-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

Glad to hear he's stomping around happily, Row.
Let us know how things go. xxx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

ooh Row , I am so sorry to hear all about Tetley but interested with the limping and it may give a reason for one of mine so thank-you for posting this even though it must be upsetting for you. I hope it all works out, I am sure it will , less is more sometimes with any diagnosis, CB X
Old 11-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #15
Rowan
Sub Adult

Thanks for all the support.

1 week since he went and no change, so not sure anti inflammatory is working but it hasn't got worse and only half way through as another week of them to go.

He's been outside for the last 2 days enjoying the sun.

I came home tonight and he came rushing out of his hutch to see me for good old she'll scratch and a head neck rub, then back to bed. Happy days.

X
Old 11-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #16
CherryBrandy
Adult

that's sounds positive too. If I were you I would try and put it out your mind. Xrays are never that good for ID ing issues under the shell most of the time and the MBD...mmm. I was told one of my little adoptees needed huge injection boosts and it just didn't chime and I do think sometimes the stress to the vets needs to be weighed against condition (diagnosed), and bit of sensible exercise she was fine....CB
Old 18-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #17
emma_mcraf
Adult

Just checking in to see how Tetley is doing, Row.
Hope he's doing well and you feel less stressed. Has he had a return visit to the vet?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 18-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #18
Rowan
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Just checking in to see how Tetley is doing, Row.
Hope he's doing well and you feel less stressed. Has he had a return visit to the vet?
Hi.

Tetley's appointment is on Tuesday a little over 2 weeks I know but best I could do.

There's no change. He's charging around like a line as usual still eating loads and bright eyed.

Think I'm going to get the endoscopy done for the biopsies. I've promised Tetley he's having this summer with me no matter what.

I'll let you know how he does. Can't stand the thought of him not being here.

He's my tortoise as I am his human x x
Old 18-05-2017, 11:05 PM   #19
Rowan
Sub Adult

Forgot to say, thank you for asking and caring x x
Old 19-05-2017, 12:35 AM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Forgot to say, thank you for asking and caring x x
No need to thank me. I've had you both on my mind and I understand the love between you as I'm the same with mine. I don't believe that torts don't have personalities and all that stuff because I know all of mine are very individual and it's impossible not to form strong bonds.

I think I'd have gone the endoscopy route too as it's less invasive and you'll receive a definite answer.
You and Tetley (and Twiglet) will have a wonderful summer and obviously I hope there'll be many more to come too. Stay positive Row.

Please let us know how things go on Tuesday and we're here in the meantime if you need to chat, offload, vent or ask for support. xxx