Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Turtles and Terrapins > TESCO SELLING TURTLES IN CHINA

Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #21
delitrav
Egg

Default EJ

I think your actual point EJ is attacking something many people find important, needlessly. Maybe you should fill your time on this site looking at things that are of interest to you and make you positively respond!
delitrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #22
EJ
Adult

Did you happen to notice the date on the post. Um... and I take keeping chelonians seriously. Needless to say... I'm in the US and there are quite a few organizations that fight that crap. I got mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delitrav View Post
I think your actual point EJ is attacking something many people find important, needlessly. Maybe you should fill your time on this site looking at things that are of interest to you and make you positively respond!
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #23
onarock
Hatched

I think Ed's first post sums it up. I live in a state where the native people hunted whale and green sea turtles. Now that practice is not allowed, but the native people still hunt green sea turtles. These people in Asia have been eating turtles for centuries. Often, like where I live, its the outside pressure on the animals, not the actual people that put them into decline. I would like to see a petition against large multi national corporations and their impact on wildlife, Government and its impact on corporate legislation before taking the this issue with the native people.
Old 24-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #24
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I ifnd that last post a lot more useful than some previous contributions in this thread which have included some gems like 'most people are thick'.

I believe that in some places native peoples have permission to do certain things that the rest of us are banned from doing, on the basis that their lifestyles are more in harmony with nature and their overall impact is so much less than us resource-guzzling so-called 'developed' folks.
Old 27-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
EJ
Adult

I wasn't really clear on the 'thick' comment... I was referring to those that press the button on an internet petition without giving much thought to what they were sighning up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
I ifnd that last post a lot more useful than some previous contributions in this thread which have included some gems like 'most people are thick'.

I believe that in some places native peoples have permission to do certain things that the rest of us are banned from doing, on the basis that their lifestyles are more in harmony with nature and their overall impact is so much less than us resource-guzzling so-called 'developed' folks.
and

Last edited by EJ; 27-08-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 27-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #26
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

How about starting a Downing Street petition to get rid of those in Downing Street (I will probably get 4 years in jail for typing that)
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I understand Ed's point. It's important to think about anything we sign up to. There are a few of those Downing Street petitions which are worrying, like the one to bring back beating children with sticks in school.
Old 27-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #28
EJ
Adult

That actually might get them to fit in instead of being social misfits by attacking everything that moves.

Quote:
I understand Ed's point. It's important to think about anything we sign up to. There are a few of those Downing Street petitions which are worrying, like the one to bring back beating children with sticks in school.
and
Old 27-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #29
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Well we're way off topic here Ed but the truth is that institutional violence to almost all children was routine here until about 1975. What we have had is generations of emotionally damaged people who don't know how to manage their own kids and often became addicted to alcohol or heroin. It wasn't just the regular beatings in school that caused those problems of course. But that approach to looking after kids had never worked here. The gangs in Glasgow in the 1970's were more violent than the ones we have today and nearly everyone was in one.
Old 27-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #30
EJ
Adult

I'm going to have to assume that you are blaming the recent riots on the parents.

I'm not saying to beat the kid but a good slap on the hand or behind. There has to be a consequence for their actions and it has to be ingrained in memory... time out does not work.

There's a women here in the US on trial for using hotsauce and cold showers. People are calling that torture.

Quote:
Well we're way off topic here Ed but the truth is that institutional violence to almost all children was routine here until about 1975. What we have had is generations of emotionally damaged people who don't know how to manage their own kids and often became addicted to alcohol or heroin. It wasn't just the regular beatings in school that caused those problems of course. But that approach to looking after kids had never worked here. The gangs in Glasgow in the 1970's were more violent than the ones we have today and nearly everyone was in one.
and

Tags
action, cruelty, petition, support