Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
Shelled Lady
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Thank you everyone this is so helpful, so do I basically just spray his substrate a bit each day? If so whereabouts, all over or just one area? And okay I am now trying to add variety to his food but I must say I am finding it tricky to identify weeds haha! But I managed to identify a different type today and I took some pictures of weeds in my garden that I'm not sure of
It is a good idea to spray substrate every day all over, especially if on top soil. I do mine when they are eating, so that they get wet and the food, easier for the calcium to stay on the green too. The substrate drys out with the lights, so keep some areas a bit moister, then you tortoise can choose if it wants to burrow in a cool, or dry area to sleep.

Usually there are some weeds to be found. There are Red Dead Nettle, Cleavers and Chickweed in my garden still and some others. You could also grow your own next year. Florrette salad is available at most supermarkets. Look for one with Lambs Lettuce in, as well as types of lettuce and endive.
Shelled Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
9 months, food advice, hermann, pyramiding