Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 14-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
Lolly8
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Carol** View Post
Took Reggie back to the vet today as he still wasn't pooing at all, his tail swelling hadn't gone down and he just seemed very blue. While the vet was poking and prodding him and thinking about whether or not to give him laxatives and keep him over night, guess what he does - a HUGE poo!! Right there on the vets table! The vet was amazed as the entire poo was a big mass of dead worms, it had probably been blocked up inside him and the stress of the vets had pushed it out - but it was such a relief! At least I know know some of the worms are out and they are definitely dead inside him he just needs to get rid of the rest. Also I now know that he is definitely a boy - as he flashed the poor unsuspecting vet!
I've been reading the threads in this section about septecemia and was panicing that his shell was looking a little pink along the lines but the vet said this, and the fact that his shell is a little soft will most likely have been caused by his calcium deficiency. And that it will clear up once his diet is rectified and his calcium levels rise.
I am so happy I think he is on the mend now, I feel like I've been an awful tortoise-mum to let him get into this mess but now I know everything I have done wrong it won't ever be happening again!
That's brilliant news!Once he gets rid of all worms,he'll be ok.Keep bathing him every day.

Tags
mbd, swollen, worms