Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
Pussygalore
Adult

we had the extended garuntee on our first video camera and it was new for old up to 10years, anyway every year it went in for a service as that was also covered and on the 9th year it needed something done that they thought cost to much. We got a voucher for £800 to buy a new one, ours had only cost £400 when we brought it but because it was a decent one the price paid out had gone up, it paid for a very nice new one. It cost us about £30 or so each year once the orriginal so many years had run out but was well worth paying to have it, considering that photography equipement is changing all the time. My son also did something similar with his car radio as being young he paid a lot for it and again the new for old bit was invaluable. We never thought we'd get the money for a 9 year old camera which by them was very outdated, well worth thinking about if its a potentially costly item to replace.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
janeL
Sub Adult

I have pet insurance for my dog. I think the third party insurance is really crucial. If a dog causes an accident (God forbid a death through road traffic accident) then the owner is responsible, unlike with a cat where they are classed as free spirits. I keep my dog on a lead etc, but I still think the insurance is a must.
I have also used it for vet fees, in the last couple of years I haven't claimed, but she had a back problem a few years back and it spanned a couple of years. I more than got about 3 years of premiums back.

As for the tortoises, I have insured my Algerians who are older and who are also prone to RNS as it is hard to shift. I have claimed twice now and both times spent more than the premium. Saying that I don't anticipate spending so much on RNS in the future as I now take them to Hannah Bould and she is very good, treating the condition in a much more effctive manner than the general vet with specilist cert in reptiles did. She thus worked out far cheaper too!!

Hermanns THB 2:3:0
Algerian TGG 1.2.3
Ibera TGI 0.1.0[/CENTER]
janeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
the oncologist had to confirm that she would die within 12 months but the oncologist could not say for certain (who could? look at the lockerbie bomber) only that there was a more than 50% chance she wouldn't live 12 months. they refused to pay out
The point about the Locherbie bomber is that the estimate for how long he had to live was based on an assumption that he would be in Scotland. Take the man to a place where people eat fruit and vegetables and it's a different situation altogether.