Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 12-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
derrick0312
Incubating

Question T5 Arcadia 12% UVB Strip

I am currently using a T8 12% UVB strip and was looking to change to MV lamps. However since I am not be able to keep an eye on the lamp during daytime (as I need to work), I have to reconsider my options on UV strip again...

I am thinking of getting the new T5 tube and this is very useful information (thanks Kirkie!!):
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=43886

I wonder if anyone is using these new T5 tubes and can provide some reviews? I have read numerous reports saying a change of behaviour when tortoise can keep under MV lamp because of the higher UVB output. Since these T5 tubes are high in UVB as well, I wonder if anyone has seen a change of tortoise behaviour?

Also can advice on suspension height + with or without reflector? I am using a 3ft x 2ft enclosure.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Arcadiajohn
Hatched

Sorry for the delay I have replied to your P.M

John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick0312 View Post
I am currently using a T8 12% UVB strip and was looking to change to MV lamps. However since I am not be able to keep an eye on the lamp during daytime (as I need to work), I have to reconsider my options on UV strip again...

I am thinking of getting the new T5 tube and this is very useful information (thanks Kirkie!!):
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=43886

I wonder if anyone is using these new T5 tubes and can provide some reviews? I have read numerous reports saying a change of behaviour when tortoise can keep under MV lamp because of the higher UVB output. Since these T5 tubes are high in UVB as well, I wonder if anyone has seen a change of tortoise behaviour?

Also can advice on suspension height + with or without reflector? I am using a 3ft x 2ft enclosure.
Arcadiajohn is offline   Reply With Quote