Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 26-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #51
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Ha - requiem was aaawful....I should have watched a Steven Siegel movie as it would have had slightly more yawn - at least yawning is exercise.

Do you think SW should do a Tortoise Garden at Chelsea? Perhaps Wilber could spearhead it ? CB
I think we should, bet they’ve never had a tortoise garden before. But when I’m looking at the show gardens and deciding which one I like best, it usually comes down to , which would be most tortoise friendly there is one this year ( don’t know it’s name) but everything is planted quite sparingly, and it looks very much like Mediterranean terrain, so that’s my favourite.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 03:08 PM   #52
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Were you on here when Alan used to send the most brilliant letters to the supermarkets, Clare? Such as asking Tesco why there’s no tiger listed in the ingredients for their tiger bread?
I think he tolerates us silly ones....
May be Allan should write to the Chelsea and suggest to them that there should be a tortoise garden, that would throw them a bit

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #53
CherryBrandy
Adult

I didn't know that Emma ! (he should do a book !! there was one once where the person wrote to parliament and stars similar - very funny but long while ago I cant remember its name but everyone responded very politely. If Alan can write to Tesco about tiger bread without tigers I second it !!! lets aim for a Chelsea weed garden.
I saw that garden Suze and thought how arid it looked , my Horsfields would have had a hors field day ! I liked the Yorkshire garden just because it was cottagey and didn't have a ...'when I step into this garden I see a bend' this is symbolising 'round the' and I look up into the sky' and I feel freeeeeee....I see a statement there...probably from the bank saying you've spent too much on plants run..... I wish they would stop it . CB
Old 26-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #54
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
I didn't know that Emma ! (he should do a book !! there was one once where the person wrote to parliament and stars similar - very funny but long while ago I cant remember its name but everyone responded very politely. If Alan can write to Tesco about tiger bread without tigers I second it !!! lets aim for a Chelsea weed garden.
I saw that garden Suze and thought how arid it looked , my Horsfields would have had a hors field day ! I liked the Yorkshire garden just because it was cottagey and didn't have a ...'when I step into this garden I see a bend' this is symbolising 'round the' and I look up into the sky' and I feel freeeeeee....I see a statement there...probably from the bank saying you've spent too much on plants run..... I wish they would stop it . CB
Found it here (hope you don’t mind, Alan!).

http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ht=Tiger+bread

I’m all for the Chelsea weed garden. We’re all capable, nobody here will make a hash of that!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #55
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Were you on here when Alan used to send the most brilliant letters to the supermarkets, Clare? Such as asking Tesco why there’s no tiger listed in the ingredients for their tiger bread?
I think he tolerates us silly ones....
I've not done that for a while Emma, I need to get going with some of that again
I think the last one I did was to Sainsbury complaining that their white grapes were actually green and they didn't reply. That was about 2 years ago so maybe they are writing a very long reply
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #56
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
I've not done that for a while Emma, I need to get going with some of that again
I think the last one I did was to Sainsbury complaining that their white grapes were actually green and they didn't reply. That was about 2 years ago so maybe they are writing a very long reply
You should!
Such bad customer service from Sainsbury’s for not replying to your letter. Maybe write another letter stating your disappointment and you’ve now discovered the red grapes are actually purple!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 03-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #57
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

It was an email so I suspect they had me sussed from previous emails to them about the Thai Green Chicken Curry containing white chicken rather than green chicken

I think that was one of the best ones because I kept telling them it was very nice but the chicken simply wasn't green. They even sent a lab report after having it all tested and analysed

Last edited by Alan1; 03-06-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:07 PM   #58
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
It was an email so I suspect they had me sussed from previous emails to them about the Thai Green Chicken Curry containing white chicken rather than green chicken

I think that was one of the best ones because I kept telling them it was very nice but the chicken simply wasn't green. They even sent a lab report after having it all tested and analysed
Ha - I love it!

Old 07-06-2018, 05:45 PM   #59
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:

Ha bet it wasn't even a Thai chicken , probably Basingstoke !! how rude,