Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 18-05-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
CherryBrandy
Adult

Default Little one in sick bay

Little one in sick bay - lots of TLC.

*** photobucket trying to make even more money than their fat cats can possibly spend have taken all the photos down 2017 unless you pay their ransom*** apologies for those that wanted to learn from this thread - especially very swollen eyes , massive wheezing and lethargy, - all is well so far 2017 **

Then me as experienced TK makes drastic mistake putting a rock against his little house so he cant move it around - like they do. luckily for me I am monitoring and he falls asleep!

Geez, safe and sound but too sleepy to eat again. Such a little sweetie and no trouble at all.

Last edited by CherryBrandy; 12-07-2017 at 05:47 PM.
CherryBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

Aww....poorly little poppet.
His eyes look swollen, CB. What are you treating him for? I'm sure he's in good hands and you'll have him better in no time at all.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 07:49 PM   #3
Suze65
Adult

Ooohhhhh poor little chap, what's the matter with him.
I'm going back the vets tomorrow with runny nose girl, I think it's got to be worth giving baytril a try before doing anything else.
Hope he gets better soon.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
CherryBrandy
Adult

Yes I thought that Emma and am very wary of that these days. The UVA part of the UV spectrum can strip out the Vit A so quickly, so I'm bathing him in reptroboost. He is such a sweetie but the bigger ones eat all his food o I have taken him out for a bit til he gets his strength and weight up. Couldn't believe it when he took himself off to the top of the hill !

Nothing wrong with him Suze, i'm sure just I have a sick bay table and he is in it ! TLC and Carrot baby food for him next few days ! he will be right as rain , CB

Last edited by CherryBrandy; 18-05-2016 at 07:52 PM.
CherryBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 07:54 PM   #5
Jan W
Sub Adult

Oh how sweet, I do hope he bounces back quickly. I'm sure he will with your care. I can't believe he had climbed on that box, you need eyes in the back of your head.

Suze, sorry to hear RNS persists. Sounds like you may have to tell the vet what you want!
Old 18-05-2016, 07:54 PM   #6
CherryBrandy
Adult

Good luck Suze, hope it all goes well too ! Sure it will be fine for her. Lots of allergies about. CB
Old 18-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
Oh how sweet, I do hope he bounces back quickly. I'm sure he will with your care. I can't believe he had climbed on that box, you need eyes in the back of your head.

Suze, sorry to hear RNS persists. Sounds like you may have to tell the vet what you want!

Soz Jan posts crossed , yes. He almost seems to sleep standing , he sleeps in his bath and when holding him to feed or in his pen and then two minutes later he was up there ...asleep. I class myself as pretty experienced having years of Tortoisetry, herpetology and abroad with animals and even I shocked myself !!! wow ! CB
Old 19-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Ooohhhhh poor little chap, what's the matter with him.
I'm going back the vets tomorrow with runny nose girl, I think it's got to be worth giving baytril a try before doing anything else.
Hope he gets better soon.
Good luck Suze. Please let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Soz Jan posts crossed , yes. He almost seems to sleep standing , he sleeps in his bath and when holding him to feed or in his pen and then two minutes later he was up there ...asleep. I class myself as pretty experienced having years of Tortoisetry, herpetology and abroad with animals and even I shocked myself !!! wow ! CB
I have no doubt that you'll have the little one all better in no time and I'm sure he appreciates the time out from the others.
It amazes me the positions they'll get into to sleep.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 19-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #9
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Good luck Suze. Please let us know how it goes.

I have no doubt that you'll have the little one all better in no time and I'm sure he appreciates the time out from the others.
It amazes me the positions they'll get into to sleep.
Well I did go back to the vet today, although her nose isn't that runny, in fact it's quite dry, a bit wet inside maybe , anyway, we discussed all the options and possibilities, and decided to try baytril, before doing further investigations, the only problem is that now, because they don't use baytril as much, I would have to buy a whole bottle , which is £40, because they don't share the bottle once opened, but , I can , if I want have a bottle of baytril suspension for cats, which is exactly the same stuff , same strength, everything, just not licenced for reptiles, so I would just have to sign a form, to say I understand this, that's fine by me, it's only a tiny bottle , all I need for a two week course. Let's see what happens, I bet it works.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Well I did go back to the vet today, although her nose isn't that runny, in fact it's quite dry, a bit wet inside maybe , anyway, we discussed all the options and possibilities, and decided to try baytril, before doing further investigations, the only problem is that now, because they don't use baytril as much, I would have to buy a whole bottle , which is £40, because they don't share the bottle once opened, but , I can , if I want have a bottle of baytril suspension for cats, which is exactly the same stuff , same strength, everything, just not licenced for reptiles, so I would just have to sign a form, to say I understand this, that's fine by me, it's only a tiny bottle , all I need for a two week course. Let's see what happens, I bet it works.
Good luck, Suze. I hope it does the trick and gets rid of the wet nose for good!
I'll ask my eldest how they dispense it where he works. I know he had calculated a small two week dose for Bindi, one his geckos, as she'd been off her food and regurgitating cricket pellets. It's done the trick as she's back hunting them, but she's only 75g so a teeny tiny little dose.