Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2020, 12:24 AM   #631
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well I'm back in hospital awaiting on operation number eight.
Good luck. Thinking of you and wishing you a quick recovery and no more bloody infections or abscesses!
x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #632
sandy
Adult

Fingers crossed its the last one Gordon:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:14 PM   #633
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Fingers crossed its the last one Gordon:0)
My fingers have been crossed for so long now Sandy the have fused together.

Well had my operation lunchtime and all went well and have a very large thick absorbent dressing on and a drain going into a stoma bag.
Apparently tissue viability are coming to look at it tomorrow and see if they think it needs to have a vac pump on so we will see.
Surprise surprise I still have this super bug thing so I'm isolated off in a side room again which is good.
On a bad note my consultant said they might keep me in for two weeks on antibiotics to try and kill it but knowing how they all work I will probably be out by the weekend.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #634
tortydat
Sub Adult

This has got to be it this time!!! Hope you manage to sleep tonight. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:28 PM   #635
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
This has got to be it this time!!! Hope you manage to sleep tonight. xx
No sleep just yet as this silly stoma bag is leaking everywhere so it needs sorting plus sheets on bed need changing.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:48 PM   #636
emma_mcraf
Adult

Glad the op is done. Hope they do get shot of the superbug and don’t let you leave until you’re happy to do so. Not great the stoma bag is leaking when I assume you’re bed-bound for this evening and need a nurse to do it?
Hope you’re being given a good amount of morphine again so you’re not in pain.
Take care x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 12-03-2020, 07:46 AM   #637
Gordon
Adult

Emma I was up and out of bed as soon as they left me in my room so I could put shorts and tee shirt on as not to keen on their gowns.
Then had a quick swill with cold water as I was very hot.
I then sat on the bed as felt a bit odd which then developed into me feeling sick and the sweat was dripping off me so sat there for a bit until it passed and then led back down as before you say it I probably did to much to soon.
As for the stoma bag the nurse eventually came back with another one even though I said they really dont stick to me.
So had that done which was very painful as it was stuck over the area that had cellulitis but hey I'm a big boy now so It was done.
Now i know this sounds a bit gross but i decided to keep on my tee shirt that had soaked up some of my belly juices and i did get clean sheets as they took the most of it. So managed to stay awake just till 10.30 pm as needed antibiotics then off to sleep for a few hours or so I thought.
About an hour later I must of moved in bed and was aware of something wet so put on the light and low and behold it had leaked everywhere again at which point I was so tired I thought sod it and fell back to sleep.
Finally opened my eyes about 5.30 am and took a look at the bed which looks like a murder scene which I'm not bothered as I dont have to clean up. So the long and short of it is if the dam stupid I know better nurse had put a thick absorbent dressing over it in the first place none of this would of happened.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #638
emma_mcraf
Adult

It is all so unnecessary though, isn’t it. I don’t get why they seem to be cutting corners the way they do. They isolate you due to your superbug but then let you lie in your own leakage from the bag. I know they’re so busy and all that, but I never seem to notice them rushed off their feet when I’ve been in for whatever reason - there’s a lot of gossiping at the nurses station - but you’d think they’d make regular checks on dressings for a patient newly out of surgery and have absorbent dressings on and checked. If it’s obvious for us, what’s going on for them not to be doing it?
Anyway, as you say, it’s not like you have to clean it up. Hope the skin viability people pull them up on it.
You take care of yourself.

Old 14-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #639
CherryBrandy
Adult

oooh fancy being called a skin viability officer who strange. Do you think it is something to do with the Chinese ?
Hope you are getting better by the day G, it sounds like they may be attempting a final push on it and getting rid of it all , thinking of you x
Old 15-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #640
Gordon
Adult

Well this is just ridiculous how can my life get any worse.
I asked for white bread and jam for breakfast and ended up with brown bread which just isn't good enough are they trying to kill me off or something toast has to be made with WHITE BREAD grrrrrrr.