Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 13-09-2019, 07:29 PM   #291
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well Emma it started off as just a dressing change but sort of turned into an operation
The tissue viability nurse spotted something that didn't look right down in the depths so went and got a doc/surgeon who said it was where it was healing but had caused a pocket so she got her fingers in there and basically tore it all open again so nothing could seal in there and fester again so a good way to spend a morning but hopefully will now heal properly.
Argh!!
On one hand that’s just so maddening to read but on the flip side, kind of good she noticed it and has hopefully prevented any recurrence of infection.
So have they let you home now?
How much more can any one person take? You’re being tested to the limit here. Must mean there’s lots of good stuff in store in 2020! Gotta think positive! This hasn’t been your year so next year has to be! x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #292
Gordon
Adult

I'm crossing my fingers toes and anything else that I can at the moment.
I'm just so paranoid about getting another infection its starting to get to me now and I'm not sure how long I can keep a brave face on things to be honest.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #293
tortydat
Sub Adult

Oh goodness Gordon I do hope that you haven't got to stay in JR yet again. Fingers and everything crossed that all is well. x
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #294
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Oh goodness Gordon I do hope that you haven't got to stay in JR yet again. Fingers and everything crossed that all is well. x
I'm back there on Monday and then care is being transferred over this way at last as its costing a small fortune keep going over there.
But I'm not counting my chickens yet as I will be seeing people who I've not met yet and if I think they are not good enough then I have told John Radcliffe I will be back which they are fine about.
I know a lot has happened over the last year but I do trust them.
Old 13-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #295
tortydat
Sub Adult

That's good news that your care is closer and let's hope that it all works out at last. x
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #296
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
I'm crossing my fingers toes and anything else that I can at the moment.
I'm just so paranoid about getting another infection its starting to get to me now and I'm not sure how long I can keep a brave face on things to be honest.
I think we’re past the stage of a stiff upper lip and keeping your chin up. It’s okay to not be okay. It’s definitely okay to not be okay when a person has gone through what you have this year.
There’s only strength in showing your concerns and not weakness. You’ve done a stellar job this far, Gordon! You should be bloody proud of getting through what you’ve been through and knowing there’s still a way to go yet.
So many people rooting for you here!
It’s natural to get paranoid about it. I would too and I bet so would everyone else and the gods forbid anyone else going through anything remotely like what you’ve been through.
When you need time to hibernate and get your head together in private then have it and when you need a laugh or words of encouragement, you know us lot won’t let you down.
xxx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 13-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #297
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I think we’re past the stage of a stiff upper lip and keeping your chin up. It’s okay to not be okay. It’s definitely okay to not be okay when a person has gone through what you have this year.
There’s only strength in showing your concerns and not weakness. You’ve done a stellar job this far, Gordon! You should be bloody proud of getting through what you’ve been through and knowing there’s still a way to go yet.
So many people rooting for you here!
It’s natural to get paranoid about it. I would too and I bet so would everyone else and the gods forbid anyone else going through anything remotely like what you’ve been through.
When you need time to hibernate and get your head together in private then have it and when you need a laugh or words of encouragement, you know us lot won’t let you down.
xxx
Emma if a few infections were my only problems I had to deal with I would feel a lot better than I do.
On top of my few problems I'm dealing with my father who as you know has dementia and is now in hospital with that and a undiagnosed heart problem kidney problem and an infection in his prostate and to be honest he is not in a good way so it never rains does it.
Old 22-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #298
CherryBrandy
Adult

At least you have your chickens Gordon and a silver lining.
Sorry to hear about your father. you know I sympathise. It was dementia that had my mother in the end, blasted horrid condition as you know, but she had chronic kidney disease that was undiagnosed because she had dementia...I was shocked then to learn chronic kidney disease is linked into dementia and the protein it hosts...I sometimes wonder what it will be like in 2080....no dementia surely. Chin up G, CB
Old 22-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #299
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Emma if a few infections were my only problems I had to deal with I would feel a lot better than I do.
On top of my few problems I'm dealing with my father who as you know has dementia and is now in hospital with that and a undiagnosed heart problem kidney problem and an infection in his prostate and to be honest he is not in a good way so it never rains does it.
No, it’s bloody pours. But, this is just one chapter. A long, horrible one admittedly, but there will be better times to come. Just keep doing what you’re doing and I admire your strength, especially when it comes to your dad’s visits. I don’t think this year is going down as one you’re going to ever want to remember but hopefully by the end of it you can consign it to the F-it bin and start to move forwards in a different way.
It’s just one of those times when you have to cherish the good people you have around you and the people you care most for and concentrate on looking after yourself. Sod everything else. It sounds harsh but I’ve been there and it’s the only way to get through the tough stuff sometimes. xx

Old 24-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #300
Gordon
Adult

Well I had a meeting yesterday with the surgeon and believe it or not all is looking good even though he got most of his hand inside and had a good old rummage about he couldn't find any infections.
It seems to be slowly healing up but is really driving me nuts its constantly sore/painful and my skin around it is really saying its had enough and has a constant uncontrollable itch which is one of the worst things as nowt worce than an itch you cant scratch.