Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 26-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
tlcwrites
Egg

Default Introducing... tlc's home for waifs and strays

MEET THE FAB FOUR CATS:

Handsome Brannigan: the longest resident of tlc's home, he is a proper big black tom cat and a big doofus.

Miss Nyssa cat: a perfect princess in every way. Also, a proper norty tortie.

Zara, or Boo, if you will: not quite the black short-haired male we expected. Off-black, fluffy, epileptic and the only one who is probably still alive out of her litter. (Irresponsible pet owners make me seethe.)

Ajali (pronounced Ah-Har-Li): ex-stray, love bug and squeaky.

Will introduce the rest shortly because of space.
tlcwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
Stellanne
Hatchling

I never was a 'cat' person, always loving dogs. However, Sylvester came into my life and turned my thoughts upside down. Ajali has his face..... Love him x x x xhugs x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

One of my closest friends has four cats, soon to be five! I've never been a cat-person either due to allergies, but the photos of yours are lovely!
Looking forward to meeting the rest of your pets.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Catwoman63
Adult

Aww how lovely, they look gorgeous, I'm also not a cat person, but years back I took on a rescue ginger kitten and my friend had his sister, he was a beautiful big Tom cat and got along with both my other dogs, sadly after both tithe dogs died my son found him on a neighbours shed roof, he was dead, he had bee poisoned and this was only 3 weeks after the second dog died, never found out who did it but had my suspicions.

He was a wonderful cat, my one and only, his name was tango xxx

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
Aww how lovely, they look gorgeous, I'm also not a cat person, but years back I took on a rescue ginger kitten and my friend had his sister, he was a beautiful big Tom cat and got along with both my other dogs, sadly after both tithe dogs died my son found him on a neighbours shed roof, he was dead, he had bee poisoned and this was only 3 weeks after the second dog died, never found out who did it but had my suspicions.

He was a wonderful cat, my one and only, his name was tango xxx
How terrible Bev, sorry to hear this. Cats make me sneeze lots, im more a dog person too, but photo of Boo especially lovely and the others, CB
Old 28-05-2016, 09:17 PM   #6
Suze65
Adult

I am a cat person, love them. You have a gorgeous bunch of cats there. My Fergus was a rescue, he was found in a skip as a two day old kitten, he was the only one still alive, cats protection hand fed him, then we had him for 17 years. I hope I can get another one soon, I hate being without a cat.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
tlcwrites
Egg

Thanks all, I love my cats to death.

Now, onto the buns:

Elphie Elf: Elphie is the oldest of my buns, and has been with me since she was 8 weeks old. I bought her and her sister from a backyard breeder. She's taught me so much about rabbits and rabbitude and I owe a great debt to her as a consequence. I wouldn't be without Elphie, even though I now know that rescuing is far more important with regards to rabbits. Elphie lost her sister earlier this year and became the reason I now have a group of four. She's my beautiful blue dwarf lop.

My Munchkin, Athena: Gorgeous Lionhead Athena is a very special girl. At a year and a half old, she had a rocky start to life. She was a "Support Adoption for Pets" rescue that I couldn't leave behind. After her spay, she developed an abscess, where a vet suggested she should be euthanised... at six months old. Another vet stepped into the breach, removed the abscess and she couldn't be better. Bold, dorky, adorable and sweet, Athena is an absolute joy.

Polly Poodle... I mean Apollo: this handsome wee fellow came from a local rescue to pair with my beautiful Athena. He's a bit of a dot, but not my smallest bun. I suspect he is a dutch/netherland dwarf cross.

Rivergrace, the fearful beauty: Poor River was surrendered with her sister to "Support Adoption for Pets" due to the fact she was digging and could clear a 3ft fence. In other words, she was being a rabbit! She and her sister only had a loose bond and soon fell out. She now lives with her devoted husbun. Unfortunately, she has seriously bad fear-related aggression and this is something I am slowly working on with her.

Miss Morningstar: Morning is River's sister. Like River, she has fear-related aggression but she has come on leaps and bounds. After her bond with River broke, I bonded her into my group. She loves Elphie especially.

Darling Helios: I got him after Elphie's sister, Galinda, died. Elphie was grieving heavily and I knew she needed somebun to focus her attentions on. Helios and his sister fit the bill. He's a gorgeous Rex rabbit and has the most interesting markings. He's hugely food orientated, and also the bottom of the pecking in order in my group.

Pretty Girl Selene: You'll never see a prettier black rex rabbit in your life. She looks like she's dusted with stardust. Selene is Helios's sister. Her previous owner insisted they were sold as a pair as they are devoted siblings. But there's another caveat to my obtaining of them: they had had an "accidental" inbred litter of five babies. The ex-owner then decided to get rid of all seven rabbits. I was happy to give Helios and Selene a second chance. Selene lives with Helios, Morning and Elphie in a quad.

Takumi (responds better to "Little Bit"): Little Bit is my teeniest tiniest bunny, dwarfing even Apollo. What this Mini Rhinelander lacks in size, he makes up for in rabbitude! He's friendly, cheerful, entertaining, bold and he adores his wifebun, Rivergrace. I don't think any other Rabbit could keep River on her toes as Takumi does. He's also named for a character from my (unreleased) novel...
tlcwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #8
Jan W
Sub Adult

Wonderful cats and wonderful bunnies.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:01 PM   #9
emma_mcraf
Adult

Oh my, they are such gorgeous buns. All so different and unique; I loved reading their background stories and such beautiful names for them all.
We were blessed with our rabbit for 14 years and 5 months and although we won't be replacing our furries when they pass on, there's something so special about them. Our rabbit was so sensitive and just knew when I needed a little bit of comfort. He was one of a kind and I can see the same applies to all yours too.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #10
CherryBrandy
Adult

Cats and rabbits, quite a mix. what lovely little fellows and girls. Lovely photographs too. Bet you have your hands full CB