ya haaah it is nearly Christmas ! Are the decs up? , tortoises down CB

Old 08-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
CherryBrandy
Adult

Olive is out in the snow weed shopping, CB

Old 08-12-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
CherryBrandy
Adult

Remember this one? oh sorry it's not like we have forgotten as it is still going on. I can not get either to agree still but that's tortoises for you

Old 08-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
CherryBrandy
Adult

Are we having a happy shelled warriors Christmas or a shelled peanut Christmas ? mines a bit mixed nuts after losing Mum this year, CB

Old 08-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #5
emma_mcraf
Adult

Aww, great to see your clever photo art again, Clare. Our decs are up.
Must be a strange one for you this year but I really hope there’ll be no falls, breaks or teeth broken for you this year!
Have a safe and sweet Christmas. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #6
Yvonne G
Hatched

I LOVE that first picture!
Old 08-12-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
CherryBrandy
Adult

thank you Yvonne and Emma ! yes I am full onto it though Emma - Nothing spoils Christmas ! it's a special time of year going back to the origins of it. You spoke too soon with falls - had terrible one straight over the stair gate, broke that and busted both ankles, hips, elbow, ribs......Busted meaning strained and dislocated rib. Whilst not hooked on painkillers they do allow a bit of movement and joy, hence old Christmas photos. I am hoping people will post their Christmas photos or experiences on here as we seem to be lacking ! 17 days to go ! CB
Old 08-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
thank you Yvonne and Emma ! yes I am full onto it though Emma - Nothing spoils Christmas ! it's a special time of year going back to the origins of it. You spoke too soon with falls - had terrible one straight over the stair gate, broke that and busted both ankles, hips, elbow, ribs......Busted meaning strained and dislocated rib. Whilst not hooked on painkillers they do allow a bit of movement and joy, hence old Christmas photos. I am hoping people will post their Christmas photos or experiences on here as we seem to be lacking ! 17 days to go ! CB

Clare, you must be in so much pain! I’ve been battling costochondritis since October, which is inflammation from the sternum to the ribs and it has been agony and I’ve been on painkillers from the doc, but to have ankles, ribs, hip and elbow all hurting at the same time, I can’t imagine the level of pain! I hope you are getting as much rest as is possible and feel loads better by the time Christmas arrives.
Going back to the origins of this time of year...I have a Yule log with three holes drilled for taper candles and I’ll be adding spruce and seasonal foliage and marking the return of the light. Always seems mad in what is only the start of the winter but gradually the days do grow lighter and longer.
I’m a winter person though. I love the autumn and winter with the shorter days and predictable weather.
Hot water bottles, blankets, a cup of tea, a dog by my side and I’m happy.

You rest up the best you can. I’m sure the doggies are helping to look after you. xxx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #9
tortydat
Sub Adult

Oh dear Clare that sounds really bad you need to take more water with it!! Hope you're not trying to outdo our Gordon on the pain endurance stakes and hope that you are both feeling a lot more pain free by the time Christmas arrives. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #10
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post

Clare, you must be in so much pain! I’ve been battling costochondritis since October, which is inflammation from the sternum to the ribs and it has been agony and I’ve been on painkillers from the doc, but to have ankles, ribs, hip and elbow all hurting at the same time, I can’t imagine the level of pain! I hope you are getting as much rest as is possible and feel loads better by the time Christmas arrives.
Going back to the origins of this time of year...I have a Yule log with three holes drilled for taper candles and I’ll be adding spruce and seasonal foliage and marking the return of the light. Always seems mad in what is only the start of the winter but gradually the days do grow lighter and longer.
I’m a winter person though. I love the autumn and winter with the shorter days and predictable weather.
Hot water bottles, blankets, a cup of tea, a dog by my side and I’m happy.

You rest up the best you can. I’m sure the doggies are helping to look after you. xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Oh dear Clare that sounds really bad you need to take more water with it!! Hope you're not trying to outdo our Gordon on the pain endurance stakes and hope that you are both feeling a lot more pain free by the time Christmas arrives. xx
Ha ! yes more water less rain too.! all ok. got some big painkillers from GP and doing fine. I don't think anyone will outdo Gordon !
I am with you Emma , the days grow so much lighter after 21st each day and then its planning for seeds and spring ! I don't like the damp but love those cold blue sky days - if we had more of those the greyness of winter wouldn't seem so bad. I am recycling photos ! if santa can keep materialising in the same costume then I am recycling photos !