Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 31-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #21
CherryBrandy
Adult

I'd like to know did he ever look like he was going to punch you Gordon? was there a glint in his eyes before he got his cold roast beef lunch? not condoning the behaviour. the law is the law. Cold roast beef is for lunch not dinner. CB
Old 31-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #22
Daryn
Hatchling

Im enjoying reading the posts and the differences people like them people dont lol.

I have to admit the trips were getting silly and felt a bit repetitive as though they had nothing else to do.

I also though he was a bit big for his boots, hamster I always thought was a licky bud licker and a hanger on lol, funny havent a clue why but thats the way it is.

Now captain slow I always thought was great until I saw his youtube videos when Clarkson got sacked, he seemed like a different person, a bit cocky.

As a package they are great though, you cant possibly have all 3 equally as good.

Its not enough for me to subscribe though, I will watch in on line and look forward to seeing what its like.

C Evans on top gear MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm used to like him on TFI Friday and dont forget your toothbrush, sometimes he gets on my nerves sometimes he has great ideas, Im not sure if he will be good or a bad thing on TG we will just have to watch and see

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #23
CherryBrandy
Adult

what about a real hamster and Rab C Nesbit? just thought Id mention.
Old 31-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #24
pagan queen
Adult

I must say, I am surprised by the number of people on here who watched Top Gear. I thought it was just myself and my daughters that liked it. I know it's sexist but I didn't think so many women would like it.
I don't like Chris Evans, don't know why, he just grates on my nerves. I think Amazon have played a blinder. They will have all the Prime subscribers in their hands and then in 2 years they will sell the programmes to a TV channel making a killing.
Fortunately we already have Amazon prime. It benefits us immensely. I order so much from them so save a fortune on postage, you can have 4 family members added too so my 3 daughters all get free delivery and they all use the instant video too plus we have a regular monthly subscription of animal bedding and food that we get 15% discount on. So we get our moneys worth.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #25
vikki
Hatched

Richard Hammond lives not far from me - from the roadside his house looks a bit like a castle but it is actually just a frontage and I think it is more like a barn conversion or similar behind!!
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #26
vikki
Hatched

Oh apparently I have just been told there is a big house as well and it cost him £2 million and then he also bought the neighbours house for £1.2 million after they argued - oh what it is to have money!!
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #27
Pussygalore
Adult

surely all jc had to do was to make a public apology for his behaviour but I think it wasn't the first time he'd been naughty and warned about his behaviour as for his racist remarks/thoughts those have no place on tv or anywhere else. I did watch the programme and for some wierd reason did enjoy it but he got away with so many things that no one else could and wasn't it before the watershed time? so those programmes have to be extra carefull. You'd have thought though that he'd have taken notice and toned it down simply for the three were still able to make Top Gear but maybe he can't hasn't he even betrayed his long time wife with affairs etc perhaps he's just not a very nice person and its not all an act for the tv, he thought he was to important to have something done and in reality he's just another person the same as the rest of us

Last edited by Pussygalore; 01-08-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #28
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki View Post
Oh apparently I have just been told there is a big house as well and it cost him £2 million and then he also bought the neighbours house for £1.2 million after they argued - oh what it is to have money!!
Vikki did a friend of a friend's brother sister in law's uncle tell you...?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #29
CherryBrandy
Adult

or are you that neighbour ........!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #30
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
surely all jc had to do was to make a public apology for his behaviour but I think it wasn't the first time he'd been naughty and warned about his behaviour as for his racist remarks/thoughts those have no place on tv or anywhere else. I did watch the programme and for some wierd reason did enjoy it but he got away with so many things that no one else could and wasn't it before the watershed time? so those programmes have to be extra carefull. You'd have thought though that he'd have taken notice and toned it down simply for the three were still able to make Top Gear but maybe he can't hasn't he even betrayed his long time wife with affairs etc perhaps he's just not a very nice person and its not all an act for the tv, he thought he was to important to have something done and in reality he's just another person the same as the rest of us
I personally had never heard the term "slope" as a racial slur until the massive fuss was made over it. Maybe I'm naive of sheltered but a lot of people I've spoken to have said the same.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote