Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Missing/Found/Stolen

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
Box girl
Sub Adult

Have the owners any idea who may have taken them? I know that the most important thing is to get the torts back but wouldn't it be good to get a prosecution as well. These poor people must be beside themselves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Hi Everyone

Really pleased to report that the three leopards and the elderly female hermanns have been returned to their owners so fingers crossed for the remaining eight.

Mary

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Old 12-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #22
Sally_liz
Incubating

This is great!! I know it's only 4 out of 12, but lets hope the rest turn up. I have updated my facebook status so that all my friends in the area don't forget & posted on about 70 peoples walls who live in Bridgwater about them being stolen. xx
Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #23
tortydat
Sub Adult

Hi Everyone

Great news another six of the tortoises have been returned leaving just two still missing. The police are confident that they will get the remaining ones back as well which hopefully means they know the people that did it.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Mary
Old 12-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #24
Box girl
Sub Adult

That is wonderful news. It certainly seems like the police are aware of the thieves. Good that the police are prepared to take this type of theft seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Hi Everyone

Great news another six of the tortoises have been returned leaving just two still missing. The police are confident that they will get the remaining ones back as well which hopefully means they know the people that did it.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Mary

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #25
Terriandlola

Fingers crossed for the final 2!! x

Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #26
TortBabe
Adult

That's fantastic, would be lovely for the other 2 to be returned as well
Old 16-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
Sally_liz
Incubating

Have these now all been found. I have had a facebook message this morning that a tortoise has been seen in one of the local parks. I have asked the person who spotted it to go back & if it's seen again to pick it up & call me but I am at work all day so if someone from the area wants to go down and check it might be worth it. I know I am not supposed to leave my number on here so I apologise for breaking the rules but as I am at work I cannot keep checking the forum it would be quicker for someone to call me....** Number Removed **!

Last edited by Sally_liz; 18-05-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 16-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #28
tortydat
Sub Adult

Sorry but have only just gone onto the forum and seen your earlier message. As far as I know the last two tortoises haven't been recovered but I will enquire from the owners and get back with any news.

Did anyone ring you?

Mary
Old 16-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #29
Sally_liz
Incubating

Nope, no one had contacted me yet, it was a couple of days ago it was spotted so I didn't know if it was one of the ones that had already been picked up. it was in parkway park it was seen. Also had another friend contact me today & said one of her mates was showing her a tortoise which ended up to be stolen & they got there money back, was this one of the ones that has been returned also? xx
Old 17-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #30
tortydat
Sub Adult

I don't think any money has been paid back and certainly six were just left in a neighbour's garden opposite. Which type of tortoise was it that the person got their money back for? Did they buy it from someone on a street corner which is what happened to three of them?

Mary
Closed Thread