Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Missing/Found/Stolen

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Here is an update

Stolen on 9/10 August 2009:

Two x seven year old India Stars
Two x two year old Hermann's
One x eight year old Spurthighed.
One x giant Sulcata
One x large Leopard
One x Red-Footed
One xYellow-Footed
Many hatchlings.

There has been a previous recent theft at the same premises when young Hermann's and a baby Leopard Tortoise were also stolen.

All breeders and kepers to be extra vigilant at this time.

We are in liaison with the Devon and Cornwall CID and are dealing with all Press releases.

Any information re these thefts to my office please.

John Hayward Co-ordinator National Theft Register

Tel: 01869 325699 E-mail: jh@ntr.supanet.com
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
lisa
Hatched

With a list like that do you think they have been stolen to order?????

Such a shame this has happened but when I visted I did think how easy it would for them to be taken.

Lisa

Last edited by lisa; 15-08-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
Kirkie
Adult

This just gets worse and worse. I don't know the owner nor have ever visited the Tortoise Garden but following the theft in June I sent a quick email too them via their website, just a "terrible news, hope you find them" one and despite all that had happened Joy still took the time out to send me a personal thankyou back. I'm just gutted, what else can they do but close , I know I would. How they will keep all their tortoises without public funding through entrance fee's I just don't know. My heart goes out to them
Old 23-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

I am delighted to say that Joy from Tortoise Garden has had 2 Leopard tortoises, one Red Foot tortoise and one Yellow Foot tortoise returned.

The remainder could be sold / passed over in or around the London / Kent area so please be vigilant, and if you suspect anything please contact the police or Joy.

The remaining stolen tortoises to look out for are:

2 Indian Stars
2 Hermann 3 year olds
1 Spur male aged 8yrs
12 x 2 year old spurs
6 x 2 year old Marginated
Old 23-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
linda
Adult

latest news

copied from joys web site

NEWS
GOOD NEWS. Big Giant Sulcata Zeus is finally back home where he belongs. He was bought in a pet shop in Kent by an unsuspecting lady who fell in love with him but when she saw the article in the Daily Mail, she realised who he was. This incredible lady then telephoned me, to explain, I contacted the Police who were already aware that Zeus was in Kent and yesterday I went off to Kent to identify him and bring him home. A man has been arrested and is helping police regarding the rest of the stolen tortoises so I am hopeful they will also be returned home. I will now be keeping the garden open. I would like to express my thanks to the police who did a fantastic job in tracking these thieves, I would also like to express my thanks to John Heyward, theft co-ordinator for The British Chelonia Group for his tireless efforts to bring my tortoises home and I would like to express my undying gratitude to Karen Todd who was warm hearted enough to allow Zeus to come back to his rightful home. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your letters, flowers, cards and donations of support. And finally Geoff and my son Terry, who are always by my side... I hope to be fitting some new high tech equipment and will be very grateful to anyone who can donate to my security fund. Good wishes..
Joy.
Old 25-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Joy from Tortoise Garden is being interviewed today for Channel 5 News. Hope you get to watch it on the 5'Oclock News today.

Last edited by justmeandmytortoise; 25-08-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
Jemma1
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Jemma1

awh, i just saw joy and zeus on tv
Old 25-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #18
Star
Sub Adult

I watched her too, zeus looked amazing, they all did, and he did seem chuffed to be home, and his misses was happy to see him, which is unusual to say the least

I do hope Joy gets all her tortoises back, she seems like an amazing women and her collection is absolutely beautiful, maybe one day I will be lucky enough to have a collection that resembles Joys x
0.5.0. Playful T.H.H / T.H.B
11 Tropical Fish
1 Bearded Lizard
Lots of Aspirin
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
Old 25-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
shellshock
Incubating

Zeus has been returned was the last I heard on the news last week .

Jane.
Old 25-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #20
shellshock
Incubating

Sorry I hadnt finished reading the other threds before adding my bit about Zeus
somebody must know something , I feel so sad as I havent been to see the Tortoise Garden yet and was hopeing to next year.

Jane
Closed Thread