Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 22-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #11
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
it just goes to show the little Horsfields are a bit of barometer for climate change , California, England and Scotland too I suspect. I wonder how they survive harsh winters where they are from.

Pouring today and weather warning - is that summer over do we think ? I blame it on Strictly. CB
We had a little burst last week and I think that’s it now. Time to start the hibernation process...for me.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 11:25 AM   #12
CherryBrandy
Adult

me too Emma - researching the box sets ready....into 2nd series of Suits....mmm CB
Old 22-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
me too Emma - researching the box sets ready....into 2nd series of Suits....mmm CB
Not tried that one. Any good?
We’ve done both series of Medici this year and finished Breaking Bad and watching Riviera.
Can you believe the next series of Vikings will be the last? Thought I’d better mention it just for G to roll his eyes at us.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 26-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

I didn't know that I am on Series 5 vol 1 - is there a vol2 and last series a 6? its very interesting to think its based on real characters. Gordon is almost a clansman after going through what he has gone through.
As shield maidens I vote him in.
I will try those others, apparently stranger things and lone Survivor (kiefer hit) are v good. Peaky blinders at the moment. I need to hibernate if weather worsens....CB
Old 26-09-2019, 10:12 PM   #15
emma_mcraf
Adult

Yes, series 5 has a volume 2 and season 6 will also be 20 episodes, split into two volumes of ten episodes again.
Michael Hirst is planning on writing something new for Vikings fans. He’s all finished with season 6, the filming is all done and I think it could be airing late this year on History.
He says his new show won’t be a sequel but will something Vikings fans will relate to, so possibly he’s going to focus on some other characters?

I watched the first series of Stranger Things as my daughter raves about it. It was okay, very cleverly done like a retro 80’s style drama. I didn’t watch season 2 or 3 though. I’ve returned to ER! Loving it 24 years on. My 45 minute guilty pleasure to wind down.

My two eldest sons are into Peaky Blinders but I’m not sure it’s my thing. I know Vikings is full of battles and the odd blood eagle but gang violence isn’t my thing.

My hibernation has started! The hot water bottle was out last night, throws were out through much of the summer anyway, ha, but I’m doing the full window-gazing with a hot cuppa and mak8ng casseroles and snuggling up with the waggies. Love the mists, the drizzle and the earlier sunsets. Perfect time of year.

Old 14-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #16
CherryBrandy
Adult

what flipping dreadful weather. is it my imagination or has it rained a whole Ark period. CB
Old 14-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #17
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
what flipping dreadful weather. is it my imagination or has it rained a whole Ark period. CB
Plenty of the wet stuff! Must mean we’re in for a crisp and frosty festive period.

Old 14-10-2019, 11:19 PM   #18
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Don't think it's your imagination Clare my torts have now grown flippers!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #19
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

We've not had a right lot of rain here, one really wet day in recent weeks and a mix of sunny days and showers. My pair are both hibernating now
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #20
tortydat
Sub Adult

Some of mine are going into hibernation next week a bit early but they are so miserable I can't bear to see them looking so fed up.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote