Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 14-02-2020, 09:39 AM   #581
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
That’s why you should have done this in the first place, and that would have saved Gordon all this bother
I think I get more advice from you all and a lot of it is right but then you cant get through to these doctors with it as you know what they are like they wont listen so I just go with the flow for most of it. But what a load of bloody hypocrites they are now I'm in isolation with mrsa it's all about keeping it all contained etc etc and the nurse who managed to get the cannula in last night wore no gloves then left the room went over to the nurses station and proceeded to write up notes etc on my stuff then got others out and I've also seen other stuff that's bad but on the other hand others are spot on but not a lot of point in it as they then go out write up notes not knowing what the previous person has done and bingo they are then unknowingly transferring bugs.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #582
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I think I get more advice from you all and a lot of it is right but then you cant get through to these doctors with it as you know what they are like they wont listen so I just go with the flow for most of it. But what a load of bloody hypocrites they are now I'm in isolation with mrsa it's all about keeping it all contained etc etc and the nurse who managed to get the cannula in last night wore no gloves then left the room went over to the nurses station and proceeded to write up notes etc on my stuff then got others out and I've also seen other stuff that's bad but on the other hand others are spot on but not a lot of point in it as they then go out write up notes not knowing what the previous person has done and bingo they are then unknowingly transferring bugs.
...and this is probably how you got infected in the first place!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #583
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
That’s why you should have done this in the first place, and that would have saved Gordon all this bother
Have to say, our original plan was pretty good - Mary’s kitchen table on a nice tiled floor for easy cleaning (before she moved), you as anaesthetist Suze as you clearly inherited the knowledge from your dad, I think Clare and I were surgeons, the other Clare said she’d join in to help and Jan was on the forum back then too and said she’d be up for it, can’t remember if Sandy was up for it too but I’m sure she’d have observed for scientific reasons (and a good chuckle) so altogether we’d have had a good team, got the job done and it’d have all been done and dusted a year ago with no infections. Just imagine!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 14-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #584
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
...and this is probably how you got infected in the first place!
Exactly but unfortunately where and when.
Well seen Dr this morning and wont be out till Monday at the earliest as now they have something to treat they want to keep pumping me full of iv antibiotics which by now must of replaced my blood by now I've had so much of it.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #585
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Have to say, our original plan was pretty good - Mary’s kitchen table on a nice tiled floor for easy cleaning (before she moved), you as anaesthetist Suze as you clearly inherited the knowledge from your dad, I think Clare and I were surgeons, the other Clare said she’d join in to help and Jan was on the forum back then too and said she’d be up for it, can’t remember if Sandy was up for it too but I’m sure she’d have observed for scientific reasons (and a good chuckle) so altogether we’d have had a good team, got the job done and it’d have all been done and dusted a year ago with no infections. Just imagine!
It was such a good plan, and we would have taken much better care of Gordon. Hospitals are filthy places, if we ever need to go near a hospital or GPS surgery, I always give my hands a good wash after, and actually when I’ve been to Tesco too

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #586
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
It was such a good plan, and we would have taken much better care of Gordon. Hospitals are filthy places, if we ever need to go near a hospital or GPS surgery, I always give my hands a good wash after, and actually when I’ve been to Tesco too
I never ever pick up a magazine in the waiting rooms either.

Old 14-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #587
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
I never ever pick up a magazine in the waiting rooms either.
Nope, and I never let my children play with toys in waiting rooms, but they seem to have got rid of those now, I wonder why!

And if I HAVE to use a public loo, I use my elbow to open the doors, and if it’s an old fashioned flush I use my foot , I prefer the new swipe your finger across the beam of light flush

Last edited by Suze65; 14-02-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 14-02-2020, 04:17 PM   #588
Suze65
Adult

I forgot to mention, I hate public swimming pools, eeewwwwww, the floors are disgusting

Old 14-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #589
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
I forgot to mention, I hate public swimming pools, eeewwwwww, the floors are disgusting
You won’t catch me in a pool these days. I haven’t been in one since my youngest was a baby and luckily they’ve all just about outgrown wanting to go swimming. Hubby takes my youngest if he wants to go but it’s a rarity.

As for public toilets, I wish they’d do the paper liners like in France. I never sit on the seat, but hover above, which really hurts the thighs, but I have to be desperate to go somewhere public.
Glad it’s not just me!

Old 14-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #590
sandy
Adult

Quote:
You won’t catch me in a pool these days. I haven’t been in one since my youngest was a baby and luckily they’ve all just about outgrown wanting to go swimming. Hubby takes my youngest if he wants to go but it’s a rarity.

As for public toilets, I wish they’d do the paper liners like in France. I never sit on the seat, but hover above, which really hurts the thighs, but I have to be desperate to go somewhere public.
Glad it’s not just me!
Not too many places in France that have paper liners. Still lots of the hole in the ground sort:0(

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote