Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 13-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #571
emma_mcraf
Adult

Well that’s good. You don’t really want to feel like some pariah with them in hazmat suits!
Hopefully you’ll get some answers today and they’ll want you out the hospital ASAP so they can deep clean your room. Do you have to take even more anitibiotics for the MRSA?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 03:55 PM   #572
Suze65
Adult

Gordon , I’m so sorry to hear this, you poor man, my heart breaks for you. But I think you’ve been amazing through this whole thing, the fact that you have cried a few times, I’d say is very normal, and you are very brave. You will get better, you have to keep believing that, and listen to nurse Emma xxx

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #573
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Gordon , I’m so sorry to hear this, you poor man, my heart breaks for you. But I think you’ve been amazing through this whole thing, the fact that you have cried a few times, I’d say is very normal, and you are very brave. You will get better, you have to keep believing that, and listen to nurse Emma xxx
Sorry, don’t like to sound preachy but brought up in a medical background and having loads of members of the family and friends involved in medicine somehow or been in hospital a lot, I guess I have picked stuff up along the way. Either that or I watch too much ER!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 13-02-2020, 05:37 PM   #574
Gordon
Adult

Lol emma I do take on your advice but often like most men never do it lol.
I do remember we did have a few nurses on here a while back and all sorts of thing got examined and fixed
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #575
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Lol emma I do take on your advice but often like most men never do it lol.
I do remember we did have a few nurses on here a while back and all sorts of thing got examined and fixed
Yes, I remember that. Remember other stuff about a nurse too!
I just am kind of ballsy when it comes to medics as I’ve had so much to deal with within the family from cancer to pancolitis, coeliac disease to autism, slipped discs to trigeminal neuralgia and pneumonia, that I don’t bother being polite anymore; I’m straight in there making them give it to me straight and everyone knows where they are then.
e.g. Hubby had cancer. We went for the pre-op appointment and saw a registrar who told him he needed three separate ops. On the day of the surgery, I questioned the necessity of this with the consultant and he shook his head and said he’d do the whole lot in one go if we preferred. Bloody registrars. I actually often believe nurses know more than them sometimes.
Everyone expects me to sort out their medical issues as a result though, which I can be doing without sometimes, but I do what I can. I’m the nightmare one who comes in and looks at the chart and then questions what they’re giving for pain relief, etc. Last summer hubby tore ligaments in his back, which went into spasm. I know that level of pain from a slipped disc 10 years ago and so asked the doctor for diazepam. That’s a good idea, he said.
He had just done a prescription for painkillers but hubby was bent double and unable to straighten. You think a muscle relaxant would have gone through his mind...

Gordon, you know females are the stronger sex. We drive better, we multi-task, we birth offspring and so you should know to listen to what we say and take it all on board!

Old 13-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #576
Gordon
Adult

Blah Blah Blah
Old 13-02-2020, 08:50 PM   #577
Gordon
Adult

Still it goes on I have just had my cannula removed due to it getting painful and been in a day longer than they recommend to a nurse trying to find a vein and no go after three attempts so she went a got a dr who with me telling him to keep trying had twelve goes and no good so they are sorting out ultrasound to come and do it as my veins really are hiding now which the say is all down to the trauma I've been through over the last week or was it a year lol. Blooming good job I dont mind needles isn't it weirdly it fascinates me so looking forward to watching them do it with ultrasound might try and film it.

Last edited by Gordon; 13-02-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 13-02-2020, 09:08 PM   #578
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Still it goes on I have just had my cannula removed due to it getting painful and been in a day longer than they recommend to a nurse trying to find a vein and no go after three attempts so she went a got a dr who with me telling him to keep trying had twelve goes and no good so they are sorting out ultrasound to come and do it as my veins really are hiding now which the say is all down to the trauma I've been through over the last week or was it a year lol. Blooming good job I dont mind needles isn't it weirdly it fascinates me so looking forward to watching them do it with ultrasound might try and film it.
I always watch the vampires too. Don’t know why people don’t like having their blood taken. Prefer it to the dentist!
I’ve not heard of them looking for a vein with ultrasound before. Surprised they didn’t try your foot first.
At least you’re creating your own entertainment in there.

Old 14-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #579
Gordon
Adult

Wow my arm is sore. Did get a new cannula in eventually but not done by ultrasound as they were so busy so a different Romanian nurse had a go first attempt was a failure but number two went in and works so all good.

So another day in the office let's see what goes wrong today.
Old 14-02-2020, 09:01 AM   #580
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Sorry, don’t like to sound preachy but brought up in a medical background and having loads of members of the family and friends involved in medicine somehow or been in hospital a lot, I guess I have picked stuff up along the way. Either that or I watch too much ER!
That’s why you should have done this in the first place, and that would have saved Gordon all this bother

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote