Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 29-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #71
Shelled Lady
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBH123 View Post
Thanks Kirkie, means a lot!

I do my best by my tortoises. I only have three so a lot of my time is devoted to my little trio!

I do understand that everyone has different ways of doing things and not everyone likes the same idea lol

With the laying thing....the majority of pics i have seen on here of laying females have taken place indoors!

The amount of things that they came up with, that can wrong with a tortoise was astonishing!! If everyone was as worried and hell-bent on the things that CAN go wrong then no-one would keep the amount of tortoises they do!

I have to say i do feel a lot better about things. Its weird how i dont personally know people on here but you have made me feel a heck of a lot better! Thanks to each and evryone one of you!

Much love!
Probably this person has never bred tortoises before, so has no idea what has to be done if the weather is too cold when laying takes place. Many of us have had our female torts lay inside under a lamp, it's been too cold outside. It's been the first time mine have had to. Better to have a healthy happy warm tortoise, than a cold, wet and miserable one outdoors. Anyway, now we have some hot weather, they are all outside during the day but no harm in bringing them in for safety at night.
Old 30-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #72
emmajh
Hatched

Default hi thb

Hi well you know I'm in devon not long since I saw you! I'm not a member of the devon tortoise group. For a few reasons really, but basically for the reaction that you experienced! Id be a bit a scared to go in and get my head bitten off!!! Maybe we should set up our own tortoise group THb?!
Old 30-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #73
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmajh View Post
Hi well you know I'm in devon not long since I saw you! I'm not a member of the devon tortoise group. For a few reasons really, but basically for the reaction that you experienced! Id be a bit a scared to go in and get my head bitten off!!! Maybe we should set up our own tortoise group THb?!
I think that comment is very unfair on the group, it has been said many times on this thread that this is probably just one persons opinion, it may be a member rather than one of the team. If you are unwilling to come along and form your own opinion then you really shouldnt be slagging them off, this thread has already done them no favours and tarnished a reputation that they have spent years building up
Old 30-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #74
tortydat
Sub Adult

I couldn't agree more I have known Jenny and the Devon group for many years and to be judged like this by a person who in the first instance couldn't even get the name of the group correct and who has never been to any of the meetings is totally wrong. It is the easiest thing in the world to sit on your beam end criticising and whilst constructive criticism is good this sure ain't been that. I would respectfully suggest you go to a meeting and see what it's like you never know you might learn something!

Mary
Old 30-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #75
TBH123
Hatched

Sorry havent read this thread in a while becuase it thought it might get heated :/

I didnt mean to cause offence to anyone on here, the tortoise group or this Jenny that everyone keeps mentioning.

I wasnt directing this at the group as a whole, just the person that i spoke to! i wrote this thread to say how upset i was about the way i was told how wrong im keeping my tortoises.

Can i just ask everyone.....How would you feel if you got in touch with someone just for a torty related chit chat and got slated? Would you seriously just go, oh, okay guess i'll change everything and join the group to 'learn something'

????
Old 30-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #76
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Hi.
I was speaking to a member of the Devon tortoise trust recently and honestly they have made me feel so bad about my tortoise keeping!
Has anyone else had any troubles with them or any tortoise organisation? Seems like anything i say or do, just isnt correct in their eyes!
Please read this again!! You named the group (or tried to!) you asked if others had any troubles with them (them, as opposed to a single person)

Quote:
I wasnt directing this at the group as a whole, just the person that i spoke to!
Clearly you are now backtracking!
Old 30-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #77
TBH123
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
Please read this again!! You named the group (or tried to!) you asked if others had any troubles with them (them, as opposed to a single person)

I meant as in people from the group? I didnt think people would take the word 'them' as the entire group?
Old 30-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #78
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
I meant as in people from the group? I didnt think people would take the word 'them' as the entire group?
Damage has been done to the group with this thread whether it was intended or not.

I am "people from the group" but I am also a member on here so does that mean that we (everyone who is a member on SW) is of the same opinion as one another......no, so why would you think that about any group?
Old 30-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #79
TBH123
Hatched

I didnt mean to offend anyone and certainly didnt want to cause damage to the DTG. I merely posted a thread about how the person made me feel and what they said. This was the opinion of one person not the whole group, so slating the group wasnt my intention.

I know different people have different opinions (as shown in this thread) and i understand that you obviously have a very strong opinion about how great the DTG is and im sorry if i offended you or any other member for that matter.

Maybe next time i won't say anything and just keep it wrapped up shall i? I just dont appreciate being spoken to like cr*p and made feel bad about how i keep my tortoises.
Old 30-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #80
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Since the person in question is unable to reply or unaware they are being accused I think it's unfair on the DTG to keep this going as their opinions may be completely different to those of that one person
Closed Thread