Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 28-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #21
CherryBrandy
Adult

Emma I feel for you I really do its unprecedented isn't it. I do tend to stay in a lot and have to remind myself its actually because of the CV 2019. I am in high risk yes but also a key worker so a bit of a mix really...I will be glad to get the testing done and see if had it as was terrible few weeks ago...blooming cold now too ! its like winter out there..

Hope everyone is ok ! wish people would stop nicking the soya stuff cause the other is gone....
Old 28-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #22
emma_mcraf
Adult

Well I have both my technician son and my daughter home. She’s working from home and her boss is keeping her on 100% of her wage. My son is being paid 100% until the end of April then going to the 80% but without a car to run, the gym to go to, etc., he won’t be spending so much anyway.
Hubby is a key worker and his employer has taken a long time to implement the changes necessary to keep workers safe. Hubby isn’t allowed to work from home and go in for the funerals but it’s ridiculous so many people are going in when they’re not even meeting families to arrange funerals but it’s all being done via phone and email on the whole. It is so hard for the families and my hubby hates not being able to give the same service he’s done for decades. But it is what it is.
We all have to do our bit and follow the regulations. Have to admit I’m not amused at the numpties still gathering and having to be dispersed by the police.

Not good that you haven’t been well, Clare. I don’t know if it’s good to have had it or not as they can’t guarantee immunity and now they say some of the Chinese who tested positive and weren’t allowed out of hospital until they tested negative are now testing positive again. It’s just such an unknown.

I really hope everyone keeps safe and well. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #23
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

We are on day 14 of isolating today. I don't know if I had it or not because I had very mild symptoms but my son who has been here since Christmas has almost certainly had it, he had all the symptoms
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 11:23 PM   #24
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
We are on day 14 of isolating today. I don't know if I had it or not because I had very mild symptoms but my son who has been here since Christmas has almost certainly had it, he had all the symptoms
Glad you’re well now Alan and they do say that the first in a household to get it has it more mildly than the others. Not sure how accurate that is but I’ve read it a number of times. Hope no one else within the family come down with it.
With your heart, I presume you were in the high risk category too? Good to know that you got through it well.
It’s certainly an anxious time.
Keep well everyone x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #25
tortydat
Sub Adult

Good to hear that you are recovering well Alan in these worrying times.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:59 PM   #26
Yvonne G
Hatched

Well, I went grocery shopping today. I sort of expected that the boxed dinner aisle would be a bit sparse, so I wasn't surprised when they didn't have Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but BUTTER? There was no butter at all on the dairy shelf. Why on earth are 'they' hoarding butter? And the T-paper aisle is still bare. All in all I was able to get most of what I went for. I had to substitute a few brands for other brands that I don't normally buy, but I came home with enough to last a while. I paid an exorbitant amount for T-paper online. But it was 27 rolls, and that should hold me a while.

I live in the Clovis school district, and we're right next door to Fresno. The Fresno school district has voted to remain closed for the rest of the school year, while Clovis is hoping to re-open schools in May.

California's governor has mandated everyone stay home. Local police are supposed to make sure there are no gatherings of people and all parks are closed. I pulled this off a North Carolina news article:

Violation of an emergency order is a class two misdemeanor, according to N.C. Courts. A first offense may result up to a $1,000 fine while individuals with a significant criminal record could serve up to 60 days in jail.

this was in regard to not staying home.