Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 28-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #31
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

I will agree whole heartedly with Linda The good bacteria can only help Oscar, Kayleigh Seeing as he's not eating that much, I'd put it in his water.

Danny
Old 29-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #32
KayMarie
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to KayMarie

Well, i'l see what the extra lighting does first, then go for Avipro if there is no improvement

Thanks guys
KayMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 02:29 AM   #33
KayMarie
Sub Adult

I was thinking, what if Oscar is trying to hibernate?
Old 31-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #34
wizzasmum

at those temps he should not be trying to hibernate and even if he was it would not be a good idea to let him so soon after treatment. If there is anyway you could get his enclousre outside, even for a short time you may see a change in him. If he has come from the wild he will be finding it particularly difficult to adjust, especially being on his own. Often another tort helps things along but you have the problem there of quarantine.
Old 31-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #35
KayMarie
Sub Adult

I'l drop in a shop and get a storage tub today, replicate his table and put him outside (mines too big to get out and too heavy, without emptying it). I'm also going in to see where my bloody light is, i ordered it last week from the shop only up the road

Thanks Sue

I'd just ;like to add as well, that Oscar can go outside (not permanently but for long periods of time and under my sypervision). Thats not the problem. He freaks out when i take him outside, then bring him back in, causing him to sleep more and generally be more subdued.
Old 31-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #36
KayMarie
Sub Adult

Well, Oscar has been out for an hour today, and i brought him back in because he never moved from the spot he was in for the full hour, plus, the suns gone in this end He was active last time he was out. i don;t know what happened this time I'm ordering some Avipro as we peak.
Old 31-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #37
josie790
Egg

Kay

Im sorry i cant offer much advice but i would like you to know i am thinking of you and Oscar, i hope he feels better soon.

Jo
josie790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #38
KayMarie
Sub Adult

This evening, Oscar was bathed like normal. His right eye has been a little lazy and we think his coordination is out, causing him to give up after 4 bites and not been able to get any food. Anyway, i hand fed him and he ate 2 whole weed leaves AND he then went by himself and ate from his pansie plant in his enclosure!! I was really pleased. He still only stayed up 10 minutes after his bath and dug back down but atleast i know he has some food in his tummy

Avipro is on its way and new, extra lighting is being fit to his enclosure in the morning! Things are looking a little mor hopefull

Also, i think Oscars eyes don't seem as wide as they usually do, (i get paranoid that they are a little puff) his right deffinately takes longer to open. Any ideas on how i can resolve this? They don't seem *that* puffy though, just not big and bright...
Old 05-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #39
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Thats great news Kayleigh Try a drop of cod liver oil in each eye

Danny
Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #40
rachel30b
Sub Adult

glad to hear little oscar is making improvement, fingers crossed for you the little chap
rachel30b is offline   Reply With Quote