Shelled Warriors Forums
 

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
steeley
Junior Member
Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: stoke
Posts: 36
Default Horsfields Laying

Anybody else's tortoises laying eggs yet.
I have 5 female and 1 male horsfields and all the females have now laid eggs having a total of 12 in the incubator the first one to lay having laid again.Obviously the good weather has made them lay.
They came out of a 5 month hibernation in the middle of March and started laying on 25th with the last laying yesterday 8 April.Hopefully all should hatch as I have a pretty good hatch rate.
I still have 8 yearlings from last year of which 6 are sold but whether they go this year with what is happening in the world I don't know,looking like I will have to build another Nursery.
steeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
tortydat
Senior Member
Sub Adult
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 1,108
Default

Congratulations that is pretty early for so many eggs mine haven't started to think about laying yet. I still have five babies left from last year with homes pending but who knows if and when they will go to their new homes so will have to think carefully about whether I incubate any eggs this year.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
sandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 12,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Congratulations that is pretty early for so many eggs mine haven't started to think about laying yet. I still have five babies left from last year with homes pending but who knows if and when they will go to their new homes so will have to think carefully about whether I incubate any eggs this year.
I have not incubated eggs for the last five years or more:0(
__________________
< > 60+, keeping ibera, graeca and box turtles
\0/
/_\

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #4
tortydat
Senior Member
Sub Adult
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
I have not incubated eggs for the last five years or more:0(
You're very strong Sandy I talk a good talk but when push comes to shove I usually give in and put them in the incubator! Now we have moved perhaps things will change! x
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:09 PM   #5
sandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 12,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
You're very strong Sandy I talk a good talk but when push comes to shove I usually give in and put them in the incubator! Now we have moved perhaps things will change! x
I got rid of the incubator so cant now:0)
Mine still lay regularly but mostly in the lawn:0)
__________________
< > 60+, keeping ibera, graeca and box turtles
\0/
/_\

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.