Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Events/Meetings

Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #11
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuna1971 View Post
There is a search facility on the forum for anyone who wishes to read about the issue with the BCG. People can then find the relevant threads and make up their own mind. There are 2 sides to every story I'm sure. Don't lynch me... Just saying - it's a choice to read about the issue or simply not read about it. It doesn't need bombarding down our throats.

Sorry I also should point out there's a choice to read a thread and post and not to comment. xx
Thanks Yuna,
You mean like this one?
Old 20-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
romski
Incubating

Default Symposium

So, if we put aside the arguments above, was there a clear statement by Anne Roweberry accurately reflecting the BCG CARAPAX initiative which she promoted. It was surely the highest profiled so could not have been forgotten.

Todays problems are what we should get wound up about.
Was there any mention of any initiative to deal with the continuing turtle import problems?
How are the BCG contributing to the European legislation debate?
How are the BCG contributing to stopping petshops selling the little green turtles?
Did she say?

or did Banksy say it for us.

Rom
Old 20-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #13
Merlin M
Adult

Just wanted to say thanks to Gordon for sharing the info about the meeting, and that it is a shame that both the original and this have been hijacked bickering about an issue that may be linked to the tread but really deserves a thread of its own!!!!
Old 20-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #14
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin M View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Gordon for sharing the info about the meeting, and that it is a shame that both the original and this have been hijacked bickering about an issue that may be linked to the tread but really deserves a thread of its own!!!!
If Gordon (Turnip) has an issue with posts, is it right that he can request that they are deleted?
The thread was not hijacked as you have indicated. Indeed, it was very relevant to the symposium. Post deleted included the content of the symposium, it's speakers and their subjects. If there are questions relating to the deleted section of thread please feel free to ask questions
Old 20-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #15
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomyda View Post
If Gordon (Turnip) has an issue with posts, is it right that he can request that they are deleted?
The thread was not hijacked as you have indicated. Indeed, it was very relevant to the symposium. Post deleted included the content of the symposium, it's speakers and their subjects. If there are questions relating to the deleted section of thread please feel free to ask questions
Ok you win i will speak to you you are all pent up about this but what myself and probably others would like to know did you actually go to the meeting and ask Ann about it
Old 20-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #16
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip View Post
Ok you win i will speak to you you are all pent up about this but what myself and probably others would like to know did you actually go to the meeting and ask Ann about it
Gordon,
The question posed to Anne Rowberry date back to last autumn when the photographs from the former CARAPAX site were posted. In them, there is clear evidence of a grossly overcrowded pool of Slder terrapins.
You might be aware, that the BCG sent out over 800 red eared sliders to the site?
In answer to the question of attending the symposium last Saturday, sadly I was laid low with a confirmed case of Norovirus. I had intended going, but as the key note speaker Dr Robert Bustard, and David Bellamy did not show up I am not sure that I missed anything in particular.
This debate, is not about winning or whinging it should be about the exchange of thoughts and ideas about several important issues.
1. Who is going to clean up the biological nightmare left by the former management of CARAPAX in Italy?
2. How do we reconcile the owners whom were encouraged, often with large donation to send their pet Terrapins to the BCG Louisiana Lake in Tuscany?
3.How do we make sure that such "scams" do not get repeated?
This Forum, is titled Shelled Warriors, let's hope that the ideal of good welfare, conservation and husbandry are properly understood.
Closed Thread