Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Turtles and Terrapins > Aquatic, Semi-Aquatic, and Terrestrial Turtles

Old 26-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #21
Kirkie
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
i have a few box's and need to find mates for them could you put me in touch with some breeders,i live in scotland and there is no other box keepers up here
thanks tommy
Hi Tommy,

Nice to see another boxie keeper on here.

Keeping boxies can be more of a curse than a hobby at times can't it?

I see from your wanted thread that your looking for males.

Couple of problems here...

1. All my UK captive bred boxies are female. I don't know whether this is by design on the breeders behalf or if they are incubated at "tortoise" temps which will lead to females being produced exclusively for boxies.

2. So am I.

A lot of the surviving adults seem to be female. I know of at least 4 owners of adult female Ornata without a male between us. It's a crying shame.

Boxgirl on here breeds boxies (I was hassling her husband about producing some male Ornata for most of last year ). The two three toed in this thread were from a lady in the South West. I can PM you her details.

Apart from that they do occasionally come up on classifieds but they are quickly sold. Most of my adults are rehomers that people have given me.

La Ferme Tropicale, a reptile shop in Paris is currently advertising CB yearling Three toed and Gulf Coast boxies if you fancy a trip.

And, thankyou SeeShell
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #22
Box girl
Sub Adult

Hi we are trying but our girls are not playing ball at the moment! We have just hatched 5 easterns a few months back and have more eastern and 3 toed in the incubator that are fertile. We are doing our best!!!!

Boxgirl on here breeds boxies (I was hassling her husband about producing some male Ornata for most of last year ). The two three toed in this thread were from a lady in the South West. I can PM you her details.

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Box girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #23
Kirkie
Adult

Can't you play them some Barry White or something?

Your efforts and successes with breeding Terrapene are appreciated by us all Boxgirl.

My own Ornata is still digging every couple of days, being very fussy.
I also have another little girlie now. You could always lend me a male if he's not liking your girls
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #24
Box girl
Sub Adult

Thank you.

Now that's just crafty asking for one of our boys.
Maybe we'll try Ravell's bolero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkie View Post
Can't you play them some Barry White or something?

Your efforts and successes with breeding Terrapene are appreciated by us all Boxgirl.

My own Ornata is still digging every couple of days, being very fussy.
I also have another little girlie now. You could always lend me a male if he's not liking your girls

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Box girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #25
Santos
Egg

Beautiful box t.! I am looking for a female for my male. If you know somebody selling please let me know. Taaa
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote