Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Missing/Found/Stolen

Closed Thread

Old 22-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
suejells
Egg

Default LOST HERMANN'S from Shropshire, believed in Wolverhampton

My male Hermann's - in my family for around 50 years was found straying in the road by a man who told a neighbour (new to the area and didn't know about him) he would take him to the RSPCA in Wolverhampton, because he lived near there. This was around June 5th and I haven't been able to trace his whereabouts.
Am keen to track him down, as yopu can imagine. Any info or ideas would be welcome. John Hayward knows about him and he's logged with the police and Animal Search UK and just about every other animal rescue place I can locate. What else can I do - bar wait and hope?
Old 22-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
TortBabe
Adult

How sad for you I hope you get him back very soon xx
Old 30-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
jeannette37
Juvenile

Hope you get him back soon,was he micro chipped?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
TortBabe
Adult

Any news yet ?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
suejells
Egg

Sadly no news - a very upsetting hope raised incident on Friday - hadn't realised how much hope I had invested in information about a small ad for a FOUND tortoise just the right side of Wolverhampton. My partner and I are going to visit possible villages / suburbs and post notices whereever possible tomorrow. Also I am considering taking adverts in the free newspapers / admags - appeals via reporters are so out of one's control and can be good or invisible depending on whether it's a slow news day or not.
Check out Facebook - 'Where is Lucy the Tortoise?' whee I am trying to post the family history. Support registered will be good for my soul. Also to know people can 'like' it will tell me I have set it up right!

Am I mad to keep trying more stuff and not just move on?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
suejells
Egg

In answer to the chipping query - no he isn't - I talked to the vet about it and he didn't think the tortoise was really big enough (though I suspect that isn't right - he's considerably more than 110mm long!)
Is it also bizarre that I can only refer to my tortoise (his name is Lucy by the way - we weren't very good at tortoise sexing 50 years ago!) in the present tense - when he may never return and to all intents and purposes, for the first time in my life my family does not include a tortoise?
Old 13-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
suejells
Egg

Update, but not a good one. Still no news that helps though lots of good wishes. If those could get him back he'd be out in the garden happy as ever right now. Something should appear this week in the Wolves free paper - I'm hoping it might jog something somewhere and get a conscience pricked or something. Still very hard to credit he isn't there when I look out of the kitchen window. It's the double edged part of being careful who you tell about your tortoise isn't it? When you need locals to knwo where they come from they often don't have a clue!
Old 13-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Easter Bunny
Adult

It must be awful for you,

Don't think you will probably ever give up looking for him.

I really hope you get him back soon. What I would be worrying about whether he is being looked after properly. What a horrible thing to have to go through
Old 14-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
Rae
Hatched

I live in Wolves so i will keep my ears open for you! Did you call the RSPCA Centre? Its maybe also worth trying to call up local vets to see if they have had new torts registered and checked over recently. Worth a shot! x x
Old 14-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
wigwamman
Juvenile

a reward sometimes stimulates people into action !!
best wishes
dave
Closed Thread