Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 30-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
CherryBrandy
Adult

Default Strange happenings

Has anyone had any strange happenings?

I was thinking about my v v elderly god mother who I lost last year after a horrid illness and was re organising some books she had left ...and this hugest beautiful butterfly was on one of them.

I placed the book (threw it out in a panic) onto the front door mat and it sat on the books in all its glory, fluttering and walking around......

It is the same species of butterfly which is on the cover of the book.

one of my most treasured possessions from my god mother was a elephant picture and a musical box covered in butterflies....thank goodness she loved butterflies more than elephants......she wouldn't leave so I have placed her in the shed.

How simply strange and fairy like....CB

Old 30-12-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

So unusual for butterflies to be about at this time of year, even with such a mild winter thus far.
I rather think your godmother was sending you a hello.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
So unusual for butterflies to be about at this time of year, even with such a mild winter thus far.
I rather think your godmother was sending you a hello.
yes I have never ever had that before and that's exactly what it felt like Emma, made me smile....

omg Vikings...no spoilers, watching from behind a pillow, flockie would be proud...nearly ! CB
Old 30-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

I've had a couple of butterfly experiences before, just when I've been thinking of two special little ones and two butterflies came along together, flew around my head like they were playing and stayed in the garden for ages. It was very comforting and this has happened on two separate occasions. Many may jest but I believe in an afterlife and that our loved ones can find ways to communicate.
Not quite a Valhalla afterlife though!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 30-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #5
Jan W
Sub Adult

How magical!

My husband said it is a Peacock butterfly and looks a little darker than usual, but that may be the camera. Wondering if it as trapped and trying to lay eggs in the book. Weather is so warm and of course probably warmer in your house. Normally lay on underside of leaves - have a look in the book, you may see some dots.

Or your Godmother is saying something!
Jan
Jan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
markbigears
Incubating

Jan, it is a peacock, stunning butterflies, they hibinate like our torts! Obviously not cold enough during the day, crazy times.
Old 31-12-2015, 07:14 PM   #7
CherryBrandy
Adult

I looked it up in the book and yes it is a peacock Mark - it is huge !! and never heard of it before and one of the largest butterflies we have!

Still ok, will look for little ones but not hopeful....

Lots of Valhalla to be had on next series Emma, quite tranquil about it and there is something magical about butterflies - and bob the dragonfly!

Ok and Vikings.....where would we be without all 3 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I've had a couple of butterfly experiences before, just when I've been thinking of two special little ones and two butterflies came along together, flew around my head like they were playing and stayed in the garden for ages. It was very comforting and this has happened on two separate occasions. Many may jest but I believe in an afterlife and that our loved ones can find ways to communicate.
Not quite a Valhalla afterlife though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
How magical!

My husband said it is a Peacock butterfly and looks a little darker than usual, but that may be the camera. Wondering if it as trapped and trying to lay eggs in the book. Weather is so warm and of course probably warmer in your house. Normally lay on underside of leaves - have a look in the book, you may see some dots.

Or your Godmother is saying something!
Jan
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbigears View Post
Jan, it is a peacock, stunning butterflies, they hibinate like our torts! Obviously not cold enough during the day, crazy times.
Old 31-12-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

I've been looking on the history channel for a start date for series 3 and can see February sparkling back at me. I just hope that's the UK start date and not the US.
I'm very much looking forward to watching Ragnar again. Uhtred has kept me going nicely this autumn, but I'm ready for some more Dane action!!

Old 31-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #9
Stu
Egg

That's a beauty, and a good excuse to be lazy in the garden.The caterpillars like Nettles.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #10
CherryBrandy
Adult

I really didn't know butterflies grew so large as that. When I first saw her and she spanned her wings I thought she was a huge moth. I do love moths too butthere was those ones from that lamb film....Hannibal.. and thought it was the dead head one as the image on her wings looked like it....couldn't remember whether they bit ! cb