Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Rehoming

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
bippyolli
Egg

Default 5 year old hermans tort for re-home

Hi all

I have two torts one is 18yrs old and called Doris Daisy and the other is Myrtle turtle Tortoise.

both are rescue torts. My sister is a zoo keeper and there is an abundance of them at the zoo. However from time to time people drop more off, which they cant take in.

Doris was brought in with a badly damaged shell due to a fire. I have had her for years now and wouldnt part...she's like an ugly duckling!

However Myrtle was dropped off there, papers and all, and had no-where to live. So I took her on for a while. She was malnutritioned, in a small tank fed on ice-berg (grrrr) I have nursed her back to a decent weight and her shell has evened slightly. She spent the summer hiding in the high grass of the outdoor run and winter in a converted guinea open cage, with heat uv housing etc. Not hibernated her with doris as i felt she should feed up through another winter before this is even contemplated.

Now the reason for re-home. Doris Daisy is a bully! She wont let her feed and constantly backs her into a corner. Myrtle hasnt yet got the confidence nor the build to stand up for herself and so the only option is to separate. This is not financially viable to me at the moment so I want a forever home. I thought the asking price would see off any non serious buyers when I advertised on pre-loved however a lovely member from here soon informed me differently, apperently I am asking too little and people would snap my hand off to re-sell at 3x that

I was also very conscious of it being christmas and mummys and daddys buying for their little cherubs only for her to be last months fad in the new year!

I hopefully have attached photos... And hopefully someone will contact. She has papers and is defo a female.
Old 16-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

You are not able to upload a photo direct from your PC, it has to be uploaded to a hosting site like photobucket, imageshack, picasa, flickr, tinypic, mypicturetown etc first
Old 16-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
suttysue
Sub Adult

With a picky could you possibly let us know where abouts you are?
Thank-you
Sue
Old 16-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
shaz
Sub Adult

aww sounds like a sweet girl. Hope u can upload some pics.
Old 16-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
noneedforspeed
Incubating

i had to read it twice ,

then i realised it wasnt the bully one your trying to rehome
which is a great pity as i have the bully male .. they would have been great together ,
but if you rethink im interested not due to the age just as she is probably what my lad needs was trying to rehome him as he doesnt fit in . butif i could find some tort to be like him would be great , if you hear of any more drop me a pm . linda
Old 16-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
helsbells
Hatchling

Send a message via AIM to helsbells Send a message via MSN to helsbells

Hi Bippyolli where about's are you i am looking for a female Hermann of about that age as i have a female who is shy and very laid back and would benefit from a friend after a period of quarantine. I can offer Myrtle a loving forever home. I have a large garden full of tasty weeds with a greenhouse that they can go in and out in the summer and on colder days i have an indoor enclosure.
Helen
Old 16-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Xero
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to Xero

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneedforspeed View Post
i had to read it twice ,

then i realised it wasnt the bully one your trying to rehome
which is a great pity as i have the bully male .. they would have been great together ,
but if you rethink im interested not due to the age just as she is probably what my lad needs was trying to rehome him as he doesnt fit in . butif i could find some tort to be like him would be great , if you hear of any more drop me a pm . linda

But wouldn't he get very territorial, espically if shes a bully and start to fight...?

Peaches > Turbo > Speedy > Dexcie

1.2.0 T.h.Horsfieldii..R.I.P Speedy :(
Old 16-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
noneedforspeed
Incubating

no i dont think so as he is very dominite too , might just be what each other needed ,
Old 17-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #9
emma_mcraf
Adult

I'm sure you'll find her a forever home, she sounds lovely. Do you know what sub-species she is?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

Old 17-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #10
Dexieii
Egg

I would also be seriously interested in offering this little girl a home. I have 4 friendly Hermann's who would love another companion after quarantine measures, and I've been looking for a similiar aged female. I have heated sheds & greenhouse in their 20ft secure outdoor enclosure and indoor facilities when required.

www.cinqueportsrescue.co.uk
Closed Thread