Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Pussygalore
Adult

Default The worst news possible

Well this has been a birthday I won't forget we've just heard that the house/park where we live and hubby looks after is going to be sold, I'm devastated it will potentially mean loosing our house and possibly all the animals as I doubt we'll find another job with a house where we can take them, I'm running an add for the fish tank so please read in the classified and I may well be running more ads when we know a bit more. I just hope we have enough time to find somewhere else to live, I'm sorry to tell my troubles on here but don't really have anyone else to talk to about it, my parents are elderly and I don't want to worry them but if I don't tell someone I shall burst.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
linda
Adult

anne im so very very sorry to hear this sad news

lets hope you can work something out

im keeping my fingers crossed you keep your animals
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Tr@cey
Hatchling

I am so sorry to hear your bad news. Hopefully things will work out for you...try to stay optimistic if you can.

I'm more than happy for you to rant in my direction!

2.3.0 Testudo Graeca Ibera
1.0.0 Cat
3.0.0 Kids (all grown up)
1.0.0 Husband
Tr@cey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Oh Anne, what a bloody awful birthday present. Is it definite? Hopefully if the worst comes to the worst and it does get sold it will take a long time and you'll have plenty of notice. There is also the possibility that the new owners may want you to stay on. The uncertainty of it all must be absolutely dreadful.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
angels1531
Hatched

Is it being sold as a going concern? My parents were in this situation a couple of years ago... the people who were selling it told the new owners that Dad came with the estate and was part of the package!!! Might be worth asking if the new owners will honor the same sort of deal???
Hope it works out, but Im sure there are plenty of peeps on here who will 'animal sit' for you until you get somewhere you can settle and then have them back???

You laugh at me because I am different... I laugh at you because you are all the same.

'Amazon' Hermanns tort
'Mowgli' Anery Corn
'Sahara' BCI
'Thistle' the naughty APH
'Solar' Leopard Gecko
angels1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Pussygalore
Adult

thanks everyone I'm hoping at least to keep my torts and the offer of tort sitting for me while we got set up would be very greatfully received, I will be rehoming my chickens if anyone is interested I'll put another add in classified I'd love them to stay together, so please read the add
Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
Mrs Frog
Adult

I am so sorry,hoping things turn out well for you
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Star
Sub Adult

I am so sorry to hear about your sad news, and on your birthday..........

I am sure many people here would love to help you out with sitting some of your animals if the need be, so please don't rush into handing them all over just yet.

I wish you all the luck in the world with finding somewhere that fits all your needs.

I for one, do not mind you having a rant about things on SW, I have done it and I think its therapeutic, especial in situations like this

My thoughts are with you and I am hopeful that everything will turn out ok
x
0.5.0. Playful T.H.H / T.H.B
11 Tropical Fish
1 Bearded Lizard
Lots of Aspirin
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

That's terrible news
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
Pussygalore
Adult

thanks again at the moment its just really the fish,tank and the chickens those I know couldn't come with us, we have a really large front room here and the tank just wouldn't fit into a smaller space plus moving it would be impossible. I hope we'll have lots of time but I might as well start to get some of the vast amount of things we seem to have acccumulated since being here, sadly we never be able to move the insulated shed so would have to start again if we did that again, but you never know there might be noone with enough money to buy the place and we'll have to stay on to look after it, wishfull thinking I know but the owner paid 4.5 million for it 5 -6 years ago and we heard that when it was for sale then the Beckhams came to look at it so maybe we'd be lucky and be kept on.