Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 20-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #21
Helen M
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Helen M
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodi View Post
Just to add to this, got my MR bulb today lasted all of 2 mins before it started to flicker on and off, now its just off!! bloody nightmare
Has it overheated or completely blown? Usually just by looking at the filament you can tell. My 100W which I got last jan (2009) did flicker a lot at first but then did finally settle down. I do feel your frustration as the one I have now I had to wait at least 2 to 3 months for due to there being no stock to replace the 2 that blew one after the other.
Helen xx
Helen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #22
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

as Paul says in the other thread, there is a slim chance that it's not getting a good enough connection with the copper bit in the holder so try prising the copper bit up slightly to get a better contact and make sure the bulb is screwed right in. MAKE SURE IT'S UNPLUGGED FIRST THOUGH
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #23
clairestortoise
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to clairestortoise

on my 3rd one now, still getting the odd cut out and flicker but nothing like the others, Im going to give it time to settle. I cant keep returning bulbs, at my cost too...Has it completely stopped working? I'd test the shade with another bulb just to test the connections inside. That way you will know it is definatley the bulb. No fun is it!

9 Cats, Wallace 15, Blackie 10, Scooby&Phoebe(Bro&Sis) 9, Gucci 6, Snuggles 5 and Oliver 3 and Blossom and Billy 10 months old

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...e&id=523711412

clairestortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #24
brodi
Egg

Tried those all guys, disconnected and made sure there was nothing interfereing and got a nice connection between clamp and bulb but still flickering.
I know some people are suggesting that flickering is normal but I cant see how you can mantain a constant controllable basking spot if it keeps turning on and off
brodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #25
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I can't see how flickering is normal either. the ones I have had that worked for any decent length of time only flickered very slightly now and again, much like going over a bump on an old motorbike with your light on, not to the extent of going off entirely nor anywhere near going off
Old 21-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #26
16 shells
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodi View Post
Tried those all guys, disconnected and made sure there was nothing interfereing and got a nice connection between clamp and bulb but still flickering.
I know some people are suggesting that flickering is normal but I cant see how you can mantain a constant controllable basking spot if it keeps turning on and off
Sorry about your bulb, but going through all the possibilities, are you clamping at an angle and not hanging straight down over the table.
Old 21-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #27
brodi
Egg

I know you are paul and I appreciate it mate, bulb is hanging down straight no angle to it at all.
brodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #28
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

the bulbs are just scheidt
Old 17-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #29
Gaelle
Incubating

When do I know it's definitely not working? Just received one today, plugged it in, switched it on (making sure there was a good connection) and it's been going on and off and flickering for 45mn... Shall I give it more time, or just send it straight back as faulty?
My last one, I had to return and get another one... What a nightmare... What ALTERNATIVES?????
Gaelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #30
Helen M
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Helen M
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelle View Post
When do I know it's definitely not working? Just received one today, plugged it in, switched it on (making sure there was a good connection) and it's been going on and off and flickering for 45mn... Shall I give it more time, or just send it straight back as faulty?
My last one, I had to return and get another one... What a nightmare... What ALTERNATIVES?????
The bulb I have now initially did flicker on and off a lot but then settled down. I'd maybe give it a bit more time and see if it settles down.

Helen xx
Helen M is offline   Reply With Quote