Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Missing/Found/Stolen

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Dexieii
Egg

Default Stolen Hermanns, Deal, Kent

Taz my 7yr old Hermanns has been missing since yesterday evening. He was nowhere to be found when the tortoises were brought in for the night from their enclosure. Today the enclosure has been dug over thoroughly and he is confirmed missing presumed stolen.

This has been reported to the police and is being taken seriously. I am currently preparing a flyer to be distributed around the local area and will also be putting up posters. I have already called John Hayward (National UK theft register) and am taking his advice.

Can everyone in the SE corner of Kent please spread the word as I am devestated that our lad is missing and extremely worried for his safety.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
angels1531
Hatched

So sorry to hear that... hope you get him back x

You laugh at me because I am different... I laugh at you because you are all the same.

'Amazon' Hermanns tort
'Mowgli' Anery Corn
'Sahara' BCI
'Thistle' the naughty APH
'Solar' Leopard Gecko
Old 05-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexieii View Post
Taz my 7yr old Hermanns has been missing since yesterday evening. He was nowhere to be found when the tortoises were brought in for the night from their enclosure. Today the enclosure has been dug over thoroughly and he is confirmed missing presumed stolen.

This has been reported to the police and is being taken seriously. I am currently preparing a flyer to be distributed around the local area and will also be putting up posters. I have already called John Hayward (National UK theft register) and am taking his advice.

Can everyone in the SE corner of Kent please spread the word as I am devestated that our lad is missing and extremely worried for his safety.
I am sorry to hear about Taz and pleased you have let John Hayward know. We have our Kent meeting tomorrow (Sunday 6th Sept) and I will mention it then. I cover the whole of Kent so will circulate.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
Dexieii
Egg

Thank you very much. Taz will be featured in the East Kent Mercury issue due out later today. I have emailed all vets I have an address for, issued posters to all local vets & pet shops and flyered the entire vicinity.

No news yet
Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #5
shellonia
Sub Adult

Don't give up you may well get him back.Are youy sure he didn't get out somehow?Mine wriggled through the tiniest space where the bottom of the gate on his enclosure was a bit loose.It was fastened at the top.They do go fast-mine was found after 48 hours half a mile away.Good luck with your search!
Old 13-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Dexieii
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellonia View Post
Don't give up you may well get him back.Are youy sure he didn't get out somehow?Mine wriggled through the tiniest space where the bottom of the gate on his enclosure was a bit loose.It was fastened at the top.They do go fast-mine was found after 48 hours half a mile away.Good luck with your search!
I wish he had as our garden is also very secure and my dogs would have found him, but the torts enclosure is concrete lined, no gaps and 4' high fencing. Still no news whatsoever
Old 13-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Tr@cey
Hatchling

I'm sorry to hear your news, I do hope you get him back soon.

2.3.0 Testudo Graeca Ibera
1.0.0 Cat
3.0.0 Kids (all grown up)
1.0.0 Husband
Old 23-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
Alistair&Robyn
Hatched

Oh no =( I hope you get some good news soon.
Old 23-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
tortoise lover
Hatchling

So sorry to hear your bad news,fingers crossed that you get him back.
Closed Thread