Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

View Poll Results: Agree with Ed
Yes i agree and would feed 15 23.44%
No i dont agree and i would not feed 49 76.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #121
EJ
Adult

I've got 2 left out of I don't want to say how many...

I've never had a problem with stones using Mazuri. It does become a problem if they are severly dehydrated.

I use it exclusiverly with my 2 remaining Egyptians... 5 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Robin View Post
Why do you say that about Egyptians? We use Mazuri and are 100% in support of it. Would you recommend using it exclusively for Egyptians? Our Egyptians LOVE it. Ever heard or read about an Egyptian or any other Testudo getting a bladder stone using Mazuri? I have not. Actually right now, we are questioning whether one of our Egyptians has a stone. He is going to the vet tomorrow to know for sure.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #122
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Check back on the posts recommending the use of UVB lamps... that was rejected in the beginning.
A good point. That would be an interesting one to see now
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #123
KatjaS
Incubating

Hi! It looks like those 5 examples of different types of pellets are highly suitable for most tortoises. For example; I could use that Mazuri to my own torts, if I could be sure, that it is suitable for North-African T. Graeca (nabeulensis). But, I wouldn´t doubt about that so much; If it is suitable for Sulcatas, it must be suitable for a T. Graeca too.. Their anatomy are not so different in stomach anyway

Kirkie asked, how I feed my torts with PAT-pellets, and at this moment I can tell, that I use it "50/50" way. Often I mix littlebit hay to pellets first (I´m soaking pellets in warm water first), and after that I add the other ingredients together (dark lettuce, different types of plants..). But littlebit more I can tell you leater, because I have to find those right words in english first And it can take time..!

EDIT; EJ, did I understood right..? Do you think that it is something wrong with PAT-pellets and same type of other pellets?? If so, I would ask why? I think it is very good diet to my torts

Last edited by KatjaS; 30-03-2010 at 08:33 PM.
KatjaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #124
Kirkie
Adult

Thankyou for your reply Katja. I think it looks a fine addition to the diet. I'm off to give it some thought, I may come back in a few years with my own point of view. Auf weidensen for now.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #125
KatjaS
Incubating

Thankyou, too, Kirkie
KatjaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #126
Horace2
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Sorry... how I express myself is bare bones. What you see is what you get.

I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm trying to express good results from years of trial and error so that others don't have to experience the error part.

As to the nutritionist... you have to trust someone... I'm sure that im not being given the entire truth... human nature and all... but I've found that there are certain people I can trust. The nutritionist I'm talking about is a phd in nutrition and not a hobbyist.
Hi ED, I have given Horace Pretty Pets on Thursday, Friday plus weeds. Saturday morning outside in the Sun Horace **** twice and peed twice. Horace as never done that before. He goes every other day.
Horace loves Pretty pets. Today I just fed lambs lettuse and let Horace eat the weeds outside.
Horace2 is offline   Reply With Quote