Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 08-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
nina
Adult

Default Launch of new Tortoise Table website

I hope it is OK with admins to post this announcement here (but feel free to remove if it isn't allowed).

The Tortoise Table is pleased to announce the launch of our newly designed website. www.thetortoisetable.org.uk

All content from the previous website (except the old Forum) is here, plus new articles and features. For example, we have begun to add maps showing UK plant distribution to our wild flower entries, but this is in its early stages. In addition, the website is now more responsive to different devices, and the new Forum should be a great improvement on the old forum (so we hope to see lots of activity on the Forum when it goes live within the next week).

Some small changes -- like making links live and some odd symbols that have appeared in place of apostrophes -- can only be made after the site goes live, and as we are only a small group of volunteers we hope you will be patient with us in the early days while we iron out any bugs. We hope that you find the new website attractive and easy to use, and all feedback is welcome! Feel free to write to us at contact@thetortoisetable.org.uk with any questions, suggestions for changes, additions, deletions, etc.

The Tortoise Table team would like to take this opportunity to thank all the kind people who have supported us over the years. It's because of you that this new website -- as well as all our other activities -- have been made possible, and we are grateful to everyone for their generosity.

The Tortoise Table Team (Lin, Helen, Elaine, Nina and Jon)
Old 08-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Suze65
Adult

Thanks for sharing, I haven't looked in a while, so I've been and have a look through and made my plant shopping list for tort enclosures for this summer.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #3
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

A great resource that just got better still!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
tortydat
Sub Adult

Fantastic job Nina congratulations to you all. Maryx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
emma_mcraf
Adult

Brilliant update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We often point new members to the website so great to see it continues to be a wonderful source of information.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:28 AM   #6
nina
Adult

Thanks so much for the kind comments everyone! There are still lots of glitches to fix -- many of the apostrophes have changed to diamond shapes with question marks in the middle, the Forum isn't there yet, lots of the links aren't live, the search facility is nearly there (but not absolutely perfect), and the maps are only just being uploaded. Fixing most of this has to be done by hand and will take a while, so lots of gnashing of teeth and shedding of tears to be done before it's finished, but we're getting there!

We hope people will be patient while we sort out the teething problems, but do let us know if you see anything glaringly wrong. Everyone has been so supportive and we do hope that the site will be more attractive and easier for people to use when it's complete.

Cheers,
Nina
Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #7
Jan W
Sub Adult

Great website and I hope it isn't removed as the plant identification is fantastic.

I spent an hour browsing and learning more about what I can feed my two this year. I have so much already available in the garden. Although I have to say my two don't seem that bothered about some of the herbs they can have!
Old 14-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #8
CherryBrandy
Adult

fantastic Nina. I use this a lot for ideas too. It is top quality centre of excellence for images and information. CB
Old 15-03-2017, 01:10 AM   #9
Janie
Egg

Thank you too. As a new keeper all advice great and I have bought some marigolds and campanula based on this! J x
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #10
burnt toast
Adult

Janie are they "marigolds?or calendula? (Which I think are sometimes called " pot marigolds"). They are different plants & one is edible (calendula) one isn't x
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote