Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 12-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
Blueginger1984
Incubating

Default Reptoboost

Hi, I'm bathing my tort in Reptoboost at the moment, but want to make sure i'm doing it right. The tub says 1 scoop per 500ml of water to drinking water.

So if i'm bathing him in reptoboost does the same rule apply? also if i'm using say 1000ml of water does that mean i use 2 scoops?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
CherryBrandy
Adult

technically yes, but you wouldn't necessarily need to use 500ml of water. Make sure enough to cover bottom of bathing dish so she can drink if wants to and a pourer to pour over Dory ie the excess in the bowl. once a day bath is good , sometimes two if can but I do find they can easily get cold and it can be counter productive (stressed out etc), use half a scoop to 250ml water. I don't think any harm would come if you use too much though or if they drink it and you've used too much. I like reptoboost. UVA side of combined lights strip the Vit A out their bodies. Bit like cola strips calcium out of ours, hope she is gaining weight and feeling better, CB
Old 12-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
CherryBrandy
Adult

must place Tortoise in another clear water bowl to rinse this stuff off though as it will build up bacteria (its a food) and that can cause own bacterial illness or flies ,or dowse a cup of clear water over the tortoise when lifting out. It is a brilliant product though. worth having it handy whatever. CB
Old 12-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #4
Blueginger1984
Incubating

Thanks for the reply CB. I'm bathing him in clean water after and giving him a scrub with a sponge to make sure I get all traces off as well as splashing clean water all over him. Much to his annoyance!