Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 01-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
HelenCF
Egg

Default Mucusy poo **PICS**

I posted a little while back that my Horsfield has been extremely inactive - he only eats if you physically lift him out to eat when I bathe him. He's booked into the vets tomorrow night, but I wondered if you would take a look at this pic of his poo and tell me what you think is in it...just wanted a few opinions

Old 02-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
Becks
Adult

Hi . i havent posted her for a while so your lucky and this is my 1st post in a very long time ..
this happens to tortoise poo when a tortoise is finding it hard to toilet.. you say he is sluggish and this is probly why ... try to give a more varied diet. bath more and serve his weeds wet this will help with this problem .. also by adding dandilion roots to his feed wil also help him/her .... hope this helps others may have other advice ...
happy tortoise keeping and if you are really worried then be sure to pop him to the vets x
takecare ...
Becks x x x

horsfields ,redfoots ,southern and northan morrocans,
map turtle .

http://www.redfoottortoiseplace.piczo.com
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Sorry but the pic is very small on my tiny screen but anyway, they don't look any different to any that mine produce (which vary depending on what they eat of course) except that they produce green ones and those look brown to me.

Could there be another reason for the lethargy like a problem with it's legs or being too heavy maybe? Hopefully the vet will know. Take a sample with you and that picture as well printed out if you think there might be something in it
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote